New Offensive Coordinator options?

23 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

On the Pitt board they are saying Whipple might retire after this year, and they want to promote their up and comer WR coach. Maybe Whipple decided he isn't done and Pitt already committed to handing over the keys to the offense? Just spitballin. 

Or maybe he is ready to retire. But thought hell I might as well go sign a 3 year contract. Get fired in 1 year and get 2 years of buyout money.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’ll agree that the scheme is pretty sound. But I’m also done with the excuses and explaining away the results by saying how good some things are. It’s been 3 years of the same unacceptable results. Wins and losses matter. If HCSF isn’t going to make sure kicking and punting function properly, then he needs to make up for it with more offense, an offense that can function in critical situations under time constraints. IMO the kicking failures fall on the offense (yes I know, punting is considered defense but it’s not required if you get first downs) and you don’t need to kick FGs if you’re scoring touchdowns. Something, maybe lots of things, need to change or we’re just confirming the definition of insanity.

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with you that ST need fixed and Frost needs to make it a major priority.

Part of improving, is looking at what exactly is the problem.  We can all sit around and cry that EVERYTHING SUCKS.  But, that's not the case.  There are good things and bad things.  It's productive to try and figure out what exactly the bad things are to figure out how to fix them.

The staff needs to be doing the same thing.  Looking at stats and thinking about what exactly happened in various games that caused us problems.  Nobody is saying stats are the entire story.  But, they are part of the story.

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Why the hell would we want the Charmin guy as our OC?

TimeLine-Image6.jpg

My HS coach was so pissed at me one game

Him:  "DO YOU WANT THE OTHER TEAM TO WIN??!!!!?!!!"

Me:  "no"

Him:  "THEN QUIT HELPING THEM!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Almost needed charmin if it wasn't so funny!

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Whipple would have a heck of a pitch for transfer QBs....Announce it before Saturday and use the Heisman as an infomercial. 

I hear you on that one.

But by college football standards they run a pretty "pro style" scheme, if I'm not mistaken.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Whipple is the first choice, though it was previously reported it might be tough to get him to leave.  Anae and Harrell are said to be the other finalists.

Whipple, Quinn and Busch would be a good arrangement in my opinion with Joseph. Anae might be all right for OL. Not OC. I sincerely don’t think Harrell would be good for the program or in Scott’s interest. 

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Whipple is the first choice, though it was previously reported it might be tough to get him to leave.  Anae and Harrell are said to be the other finalists.

Still going to be interesting to see how the other pieces fall into place.  Anae would probably be OC/OL, Frost could  take QB's and leave room for a full time ST coordinator. Harrell or Whipple would obviously coach QB's, then you're probably for sure taking an OL coach.  Then you're going to have to shuffle things around to make room for a full-time ST coach.  It seems that everybody is under the assumption that Brown will be the RB coach but I'm guessing this is all still flexible is why he hasn't been named yet.  I just know people will absolutely lose their minds if we don't hire a dedicated ST coach after this season.

• Fire 1