New Offensive Coordinator options?

4 minutes ago, FremontFred said:

My only concern here is that it took a few years. We ain't got a few years...

I have no clue as to the circumstances around those other jobs.  But, they aren't programs with a ton of talent.  It's possible it took a few years to get the talent to where it needs to be.   I don't see that as a major factor here.  I still believe we have the talent to win way more games than we have.  And, we have the portal to improve that in the off season.

Just now, Lorewarn said:

Guys, 

I think Kenny Pickett would actually be eligible for one more year at a different school as a grad transfer if he wanted it. Just saying...

Why on earth he would ever do that would be beyond me. Heisman season you go to the NFL.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

e030158a-03ae-48b6-9a24-21ef45d43d8c.jpg

Passing

• * indicates bowl stats included
  •  
  • Share & Export

• Glossary
    Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Pitt         1045 1674 62.4 12303 7.3 7.5 81 32 136.3
2017 Pitt ACC FR QB 4 39 66 59.1 509 7.7 7.3 1 1 125.8
*2018 Pitt ACC SO QB 14 180 310 58.1 1969 6.4 6.3 12 6 120.3
*2019 Pitt ACC JR QB 12 289 469 61.6 3098 6.6 6.3 13 9 122.4
2020 Pitt ACC SR QB 9 203 332 61.1 2408 7.3 6.8 13 9 129.6
2021 Pitt ACC SR QB 13 334 497 67.2 4319 8.7 9.7 42 7 165.3

Oh look!  I can play this game too!

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Both Whipple and Quinn are older with head coaching experience. If it’s these guys it tells me we highly valued bringing in some experienced grizzled vets to help Frost. We all saw Frost was in over his head and these guys seem like they can try to stabilize things and take care of coaching football. This route could be safe and less friction vs. some young guy coming in at OC trying to make a name for himself.  Plus I think these guys would tell Frost when it’s not working vs the staff that owed him since he brought them over as reward from UCF. Marry Frost’s concepts with these guy’s experience.

I agree with this. There is value in having a good mix of backgrounds and experiences on a staff. Some veteran presence could definitely help with discipline. 

Question...does Whipple call plays?

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree with this. There is value in having a good mix of backgrounds and experiences on a staff. Some veteran presence could definitely help with discipline. 

Where I see this as a benefit is organization.  The last few years, organization we see on game day has not been where it needs to be.  If these guys are all ex head coaches, they should understand the importance of having their group organized and ready to play.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1