New Offensive Coordinator options?

3 minutes ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

I wont mind the hiring. I thought Pickett was great this year. But I will be disappointed if the best QB we can bring in is Purdy. I just don't see the arm (or leg) talent that Nebraska would need/want. 

Yeah I was just kidding, I think there's a lot better talent in the portal. 

13 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Both Whipple and Quinn are older with head coaching experience. If it’s these guys it tells me we highly valued bringing in some experienced grizzled vets to help Frost. We all saw Frost was in over his head and these guys seem like they can try to stabilize things and take care of coaching football. This route could be safe and less friction vs. some young guy coming in at OC trying to make a name for himself.  Plus I think these guys would tell Frost when it’s not working vs the staff that owed him since he brought them over as reward from UCF. Marry Frost’s concepts with these guy’s experience.

Not sure if I love either hire, but maybe tempered expectations are good. 

both long in the tooth, which I think is comfortable for Frost. 

:restore2

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So in 3 years with Whipple, Pickett got better each season culminating with him being a top 2 QB in CFB? 

I see 2 mediocre years followed by an explosion by a 5th year QB.  I mean, Whipple hasn't exactly been a notable coach anywhere.  I hope I'm wrong, I really do and maybe Whipple has finally figured out the secret at 64 years old.  As I mentioned earlier, he's about as good as you can expect to get given the circumstances with SF.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

A man can hope for no reason, can't he? Isn't this America?!?

That's right. We can dream and have differing opinions and ideas and preferences. A great many have made real sacrifices for these ideals. The bottom line here is that we're all wanting our team to experience success and to get back to enjoying football. That can get lost in all the conversations and debate. 

Our chances of landing top notch quarterbacks would increase with this hire. If we can't have a Heisman finalist, hopefully we'd snag a really good one. 

• Plus1 1