New Offensive Coordinator options?

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Interesting Tweet...Dude has had some success at Pitt and elsewhere.  My choice from the "top" 3 that I am assuming accepted the offer.  BUT not stats I like to see as a run the damn ball guy.  That's a lot of passing.  Seems to be a lot different than what we have been running.  

This sounds like someone is pushing for a dramatic narrative effect.  I hate that.

Why fail to mention the run game? 

Comparison of rushing attempts per game in the last 3 years:

Huskers:  37.3

Pitt:  36.3

This year:

Huskers:  38.5

Pitt:  36.9

So yeah, obviously not a domineering passing offense as the tweet person indicates. They were successful at it, but ran the ball just as much as the Huskers did too.  <_<

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
35 minutes ago, admo said:

Whipple works well with quarterbacks. 

Aside from that, he will run Scott's offense as Scott wants him too (kind of like Lubick did).

I get the feeling we just paid $900k to replace Verduzco. :(

Does he work well with quarterbacks? Or is it like being the quarterbacks coach when you’ve got Marcus Mariota?

The administration and Alberts were clearly desperate after the Ohio State game. They went with the narrative of “we’re so close.”

If this guy doesn’t haul in some incredible QB recruit this whole thing looks like it was just cobbled together with no plan. Which it would appear it wasn’t.

I also love how Verduzco takes all the blame for our QBs’ play...in yet Frost was a quarterback and a quarterback coach.

The two biggest questions for me at this point on offense are not about what scheme changes we do/don’t have, but rather:

1. Who is the starting QB?

2. Which receivers transfer?

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Does he work well with quarterbacks? Or is it like being the quarterbacks coach when you’ve got Marcus Mariota?

The administration and Alberts were clearly desperate after the Ohio State game. They went with the narrative of “we’re so close.”

If this guy doesn’t haul in some incredible QB recruit this whole thing looks like it was just cobbled together with no plan. Which it would appear it wasn’t.

I also love how Verduzco takes all the blame for our QBs’ play...in yet Frost was a quarterback and a quarterback coach.

The two biggest questions for me at this point on offense are not about what scheme changes we do/don’t have, but rather:

1. Who is the starting QB?

2. Which receivers transfer?

Yea. 4 years in and we are starting over. Almost from scratch it seems.  We don’t even know what kind of offense we’re going to try to run !  
Air raid?  Swing n fling?  Up tempo vs slow it down to keep it close?  Option without choice?  

7 hours ago, admo said:

This sounds like someone is pushing for a dramatic narrative effect.  I hate that.

This year:

So yeah, obviously not a domineering passing offense as the tweet person indicates. They were successful at it, but ran the ball just as much as the Huskers did too.  <_<

Good point, but 72nd in the nation compared to 46 at NU.  Take out AM and ours is probably worse.

6 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Yea. 4 years in and we are starting over. Almost from scratch it seems.  We don’t even know what kind of offense we’re going to try to run !  
Air raid?  Swing n fling?  Up tempo vs slow it down to keep it close?  Option without choice?  

“We don’t even know what kind of offense we’re going to run.” We as in us on this board?

I have a feeling Scott knows what he wants to do and that’s what matters. Will it look like this year or be different? Likely different. Should be tweaked every year. This isn’t bringing in Cally. Calm down a bit.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2
30 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

“We don’t even know what kind of offense we’re going to run.” We as in us on this board?

I have a feeling Scott knows what he wants to do and that’s what matters. Will it look like this year or be different? Likely different. Should be tweaked every year. This isn’t bringing in Cally. Calm down a bit.

Who is Mike Riley

8 hours ago, admo said:

This year:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've always heard there's a huge difference between OL in rush happy offenses from OL in pass happy offenses. Might the difference be not so much number of rush attempts but rather line type development? I mean, didn't Frost commit to making both lines bigger and stronger and well for lack of a better word, nastier? Asking, not stating. Feel free to correct me.