New Offensive Coordinator options?

2 hours ago, Brandon.Lincoln said:

Frost just fired four offensive assistants; one being the offensive coordinator after less than a calendar year who is a long-time friend of Frost. The next OC will be the third in five years.

Frost is on the hot seat heading into 2022, meaning this could be a one-year (or less) job for these assistants. Recruits (both high school and transfer portal) and parents of recruits know this, which is likely why Frost has only landed verbal commitments from two high-school recruits during the 2021 season. With the four offensive coaches being fired, attrition amongst last year's and this year's offensive recruits is likely to be high.

Given these current conditions, what quality of assistants do you think are actually interested in taking these jobs?

Dude, is he Marty McFly?  How did he coach two seasons here in less than a calendar year?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Frost just fired four offensive assistants; one being the offensive coordinator after less than two calendar years who is a long-time friend of Frost. The next OC will be the third in five years.

Frost is on the hot seat heading into 2022, meaning this could be a one-year (or less) job for these assistants. Recruits (both high school and transfer portal) and parents of recruits know this, which is likely why Frost has only landed verbal commitments from two high-school recruits during the 2021 season. With the four offensive coaches being fired, attrition amongst last year's and this year's offensive recruits is likely to be high.

And don't forget Frost is still under investigation by the NCAA.

Given these current conditions, what quality of assistants do you think are actually interested in taking these jobs?

• Oh Yeah! 1

11 minutes ago, Brandon.Lincoln said:

Frost just fired four offensive assistants; one being the offensive coordinator after less than a calendar year who is a long-time friend of Frost. The next OC will be the third in five years.

And don't forget Frost is still under investigation by the NCAA.

200.gif

• Haha 1

Frost is here at least until the end of 2023....New offensive staff will get at least another year. Throw in the loss of a lot of the D and it'll get him to 2023.....I think you could get a guy like Willy Korn. 5 years under Chadwell......Herman is gettable as well IMO.  He's the offensive analyst and special projects manager for the Bears.  Get here, rebuild and get us to 6 wins, he looks like a genius.  Am guessing he'd stay another year.....We'd be shopping again, but he'd be leaving because we are better. We are better, Frost incentives kicks in and we get a "long term" OC guy....Interesting times for sure.  I'd rather have someone sooner than later to get on the recruiting trail, generate some positive vibes and get to righting this sinking ship. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, runningblind said:

The buyout changes on Oct 1st, which is the halfway point of the season, as I said. I never said within the first half, I said half a year. Yes, details matter.

We will see who is interested, and it most definitely is a unique situation.  You don't know they'll be offered 2 year contracts or not,  just like you can't say what this offense will look like or how any QB might do in it.

They will get two year contracts and it's actually a pretty good situation.

Frost's contract still runs through 2027 and returns to $5 million in 2023....with an additional one year extension to 2028.

19 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Frost's contract still runs through 2027 and returns to $5 million in 2023....with an additional one year extension to 2028.

That last part is only if certain criteria are met, which is what we're going back and forth about being likely or not. If the new assistants and Frost can turn this around everyone would get more time yes, but that's the million dollar question. You and I have different definitions of a pretty good situation.  :cheers

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, runningblind said:

That last part is only if certain criteria are met, which is what we're going back and forth about being likely or not. If the new assistants and Frost can turn this around everyone would get more time yes, but that's the million dollar question. You and I have different definitions of a pretty good situation.  :cheers

One of us will be correct 

Cheers!

10 hours ago, TheSker said:

I'll add, we do not know what the criteria is to be met, but IMHO, this was not done to fire Frost after 2022, but was done in a way to keep Frost PAST 2022........If and when he is fired, it will be done when not person in the country thinks he should be kept........(and I am not saying he will be fired).  The university just doubled done on the hope of his success....

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'll add, we do not know what the criteria is to be met, but IMHO, this was not done to fire Frost after 2022, but was done in a way to keep Frost PAST 2022........If and when he is fired, it will be done when not person in the country thinks he should be kept........(and I am not saying he will be fired).  The university just doubled done on the hope of his success....

Agreed 

• Plus1 1