New Offensive Coordinator options?

I really hope it isn't Davis from Army. Dude has zero coaching experience in anything other than the triple option. 

We wouldn't get good enough at it in 9 months with our current roster to save Frost's job next season, and even if we did, a pure triple option scheme is not conducive to high or sustained levels of success. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I really hope it isn't Davis from Army. Dude has zero coaching experience in anything other than the triple option. 

We wouldn't get good enough at it in 9 months with our current roster to save Frost's job next season, and even if we did, a pure triple option scheme is not conducive to high or sustained levels of success. 

Not just that but you can't wait until AFTER the game next weekend. We need the transfer portal to rock and roll we need to sell the offensive vision etc. We need OL and QB help and don't have a coach for either yet nor our play caller. Like come on now we gotta move damnit 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

A passing game coordinator implies a running game coordinator.   I don't think it would be the exact offense Army is running now, but the running game would be similar. I imagine he and Frost and Joseph would put their heads together to develop their own system.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A passing game coordinator implies a running game coordinator.   I don't think it would be the exact offense Army is running now, but the running game would be similar. I imagine he and Frost and Joseph would put their heads together to develop their own system.

Who would call plays during the game? We can't go back and forth between 2 coaches and expect success.  Frost needs to concentrate on the little things during the game and not playcalling.

Just now, Packerhuskerfan said:

Who would call plays during the game? We can't go back and forth between 2 coaches and expect success.  Frost needs to concentrate on the little things during the game and not playcalling.

I already told you guys what was going to happen. Frost will have an assistant start a thread each game here on Huskerboard and we will collectively in real time pick the next play. It is a way to have thousands of offensive coordinators meld their minds and call the perfect play every play. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Why run a triple option when you can run a quadruple option? 

Why stop there? We could go as high as sextant option. QB and all 5 skill players. The QB could have the option to run it himself or to give it to any of the skill players. Some of the skill players could even start running beyond the LOS, and the QB could give the ball to them via a … forward option?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Why stop there? We could go as high as sextant option. QB and all 5 skill players. The QB could have the option to run it himself or to give it to any of the skill players. Some of the skill players could even start running beyond the LOS, and the QB could give the ball to them via a … forward option?

Psssh…..that’ll never work…..

Adults are trying to be serious here!

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Why run a triple option when you can run a quadruple option? 

You joke, but I've often sat and wondered how long it will take for someone to implement a rugby type offense. Just guys sprinting all over the place and laterals everywhere, and maybe one big forward pass.

29 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we don't hear something today, that tells me that Sipple & Co.were full of baloney with their "stay up late" spiel.

Or that the pick is in the playoffs...