New Offensive Coordinator options?

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I would like it too, wish they would just pull the trigger if that’s the case. Feels like we might be being used by guys like Harrell and Zak Hill to get more money from their intended destination. If Korn is on your finalist list, just reel him in. 

I like the Coastal Carolina scheme too. It makes the most sense to complement what we have if you're aiming for new ideas that combine well. The only issue with Korn is that he doesn't call the plays. Is he someone you can hand the offense over to, be and administrator of it? Maybe it's not the issue that I think it might be. If there's reservation I can see a person's point anyway. 

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yeah, I'm holding out hope that perhaps Korn told him, "I need to talk it over with my family" etc. and Frost gave him a deadline. But if he said no, then what? 

Korn has said in previous interviews that two people gave him jobs for life.  Jerseys Mikes in Greer, SC and Chadwell.  he and Chadwell go back a long way. I likened it to Frost and TO's relationship.  If he has been offered (I hope he has) I am sure that the decision ways heavily on him.  I think he is the type of guy that could easily grow into to this role at NU.  And have a positive impact immediately.

• Fire 1

Let’s be honest. This is not an easy place to commit at present unless you have been here before like Mickey Joseph. The program has zero momentum. The head man came into the conference with a brash attitude and has nothing to show for it. And now he appears lost. The fan base, while unquestionably loyal, is very much in need of group therapy after all it has been through. And the tunnel walk doesn’t have near the effect it once did. Collectively this feels like a very damaged stock with an extremely questionable future.

Don’t get me wrong, I want our Huskers to be relevant again on a national level. The clouds or curse or whatever needs to be lifted. The question is, how much longer will it take? 

I close by saying I pray we are at the low point.

#GBR

1 hour ago, lo country said:

We need to announce asap. No one on offense in the portal will come if they do not know the staff.  We cant recruit kids in HS is they have no idea who the staff is.  We are not Bama who changes a DC and still continues to win.  No winning season in four years means we need to sell a vision and new brand, because the old one just don't hunt.

Chill Winston!

We'll be fine.

43 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It’ll be fairly obvious if we struck out on our first choices. If it’s a guy like Korn, and he was our first choice, it would have been announced 10 days ago. 

With all the insanity of coaches up ending their entrenched teams this"off-season", could it be that Frost is letting him finish out the season until after their bowl? It looks like a meaningless Cure bowl on the 17th, but...I dunno, just grasping at straws here. 

Otherwise, Ruggiero would be a nice pickup. I don't think he would simply implant his slow RPO here, but adapt something to this personnel and league. Which is exactly how he got the slow RPO to begin with. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

That, and it seems like we've been using the "small class" excuse every year for like 12 years now. :lol:

I thought we could oversign by 3 every year now?  Did that rule fall through?

My understanding is you can oversign but stay at the 85+3 total.  With the carryovers from

last year, we don’t have room for many more and I’m sure they are focused on certain guys in certain spots.  Have to wait to see how many actually return.  Just learning about quite a few and even those may ultimately opt to return if transfer or draft doesn’t play out well.  Some may stay unless a new commit shows up.  I’m sure it’s a bit of chicken vs egg deal too. 

35 minutes ago, M.A. said:

The only issue with Korn is that he doesn't call the plays.

IMO a bigger issue is that he's a co-coordinator in the freaking Sun Belt Conference. Interesting concepts, looks good against s#!tty competition, but It's a looong way from that to Big Ten-level football.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

With all the insanity of coaches up ending their entrenched teams this"off-season", could it be that Frost is letting him finish out the season until after their bowl? It looks like a meaningless Cure bowl on the 17th, but...I dunno, just grasping at straws here. 

Otherwise, Ruggiero would be a nice pickup. I don't think he would simply implant his slow RPO here, but adapt something to this personnel and league. Which is exactly how he got the slow RPO to begin with. 

He could announce the hire and still let the guy coach in the bowl. I'm quickly losing interest in Ruggiero. From everything I've read, his system takes time to get rolling, and that's one thing we don't have. We need immediate results.

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

IMO a bigger issue is that he's a co-coordinator in the freaking Sun Belt Conference. Interesting concepts, looks good against s#!tty competition, but It's a looong way from that to Big Ten-level football.

Kind of like our current head coach and the vaunted AAC?  Because in year 4 he too is still a long way from B1G level football.  I am not syaing Korn or anyone will right this ship, but it has sunk with Captain Frost at the helm.  Again, if rumors are true that Frost and Co went to CC and ran a lot of the stuff against Iowa.  That scheme got us a 21-6 point lead...... 

If Korn is the wrong hire now, then Frost was the wrong hire then.  

Or we should have done what many stated at the beginning.  Throw and insane amount of money at Herman, but we didn't so here we are.  I'd much rather roll the dice with an up and coming scheme and OC like Korn that sh!t Harrell would bring.