New Offensive Coordinator options?

4 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Yes and that was to be a head coach. Perhaps he will want to come back to college as an OC but he also seems like he is ready to become a HC somewhere.

Also if it was Brady I dont know why the Panthers fired him rather than letting him leave on his own which may have voided his contract.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

A passing game coordinator implies a running game coordinator.   I don't think it would be the exact offense Army is running now, but the running game would be similar. I imagine he and Frost and Joseph would put their heads together to develop their own system.

An offensive coordinator running a brand new offensive scheme he's never ran before with zero time to recruit any players for it is no cause for optimism imo.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

An offensive coordinator running a brand new offensive scheme he's never ran before with zero time to recruit any players for it is no cause for optimism imo.

Before you were pessimistic because you were worried about running Army's exact offense.  When confronted with the possibility that might not happen you moved the goalposts.   Which leads me to believe your bias will leave you pessimistic about it regardless. 

Which is fine.  No matter who gets hired they won't get the Scott Frost treatment.   They'll have to prove it with on-field results. 

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

The only drawback to Brady is he absolutely HATES recruiting. 

It was the main reason why he went to the NFL. 

Plus he had one good year with an offense that had 7 people drafted.

Actually how good of a coach he is is a bit of a mystery to me.

He had the perfect storm of success at LSU.  All world QB and offense. D was solid.  He has stunk at Carolina.  Glad to see him gone.  Poor hire with little to no experience.

Source: #Panthers ownership was wary of Joe Brady since his arrival. Told that his inability to generate a “spark” in the QB room was a big factor in his eventual firing. Would like to add that he’s not expected to get a head coaching job at any level. Likely a college OC.

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Looking at flight tracker into Lincoln, I only see 2 private flights.  One is coming from Abilene Texas later today and one from San Francisco tomorrow (near the Cal Bears).

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lnk/arrivals

Please not Musgraves.  We'd be better tp have Frost be HC/OC.  Please no.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1