Jump to content


New Offensive Coordinator options?


Recommended Posts


3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

 

No, at this point we should assume we don't have anybody.

 

But, if we do hire Army's OC, I find this interesting... 

 

 

oc.png

Where was this quote from?  It does make a lot of sense.  Joseph is WR/passing game coordinator, we need a OC/run game coordinator.  So:

OC-Davis (speculation) *Lubick

RB-TBD  *Held

OL-TBD  *Austin

WR-Joseph  *Lubick

TE-Beckton

ST-TBD

QB-TBD

 

2 of 5 spots filled in WR and TE.  Still need OC, QB, RB, OL, ST 

 

So which hire picks up double duty.  I do not think that Davis (if chosen) would know much about pass pro.  

 

Looking like a soup sandwich at the moment.

 

Well, Boom!  Welcome Coach Davis.

 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Saw it posted on Twitter. But reading between the lines, that tells me that Frost will be the one still calling plays. :facepalm:

 

I liked his offense between the 20s in 2021.  Maybe the Army guy is to teach him how to get the ball in the endzone.  Teach him how to manage a damn game.

 

I assume this whole thing was just made up by that one guy on Twitter and Frost just struck out on all his phone calls. :lol:

Link to comment

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Saw it posted on Twitter. But reading between the lines, that tells me that Frost will be the one still calling plays. :facepalm:

With the "Co-OC or not"....Who in he heck would want to come here to be the OC, but not really.  Especially a qualified OC who looks at what IMO, has been some sporadic jacked up play calling.  You come here, the season is bad and your credibility as an OC tanks.  Sounds like we are getting a Rileyesque hire with this OC.  Davis isn't coming here to instill discipline and leave Monken....Again, this search (almost a month long) has all the hallmarks of the attention and thought we put into ST's...

 

Especially this after the tweet from a few days ago about ab "experienced and successful P5 OC who has made multiple stops" to Co-OC or not, we can spend money on a resume, but might not fit, need a local flavor guy......All code for rut roh Shaggy.

Link to comment
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't know why it's necessary to wait til after the Army-Navy game to make the announcement, but whatever.

Because it's not Davis.  He's not leaving to be the running game coordinator or Co-OC

 

If we get anyone we have named, I will be shocked and apologize for all of my posts making this thread about 30 pages too many.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't know why it's necessary to wait til after the Army-Navy game to make the announcement, but whatever.

It really isn’t necessary. It makes way more sense in a situation where a head coach is leaving, but there’s no reason to withhold info like an OC leaving. They’ll play one more game with him, there’ll be hugs and wave him good bye and Monken will hire the next guy. The only reason no OC has been announced is either Frost hasn’t offered anyone, or No one has accepted his offer(s). 

Link to comment

From 247:

 

Quote

Korn isn't coming to Lincoln as anything less than a full control of the offense OC and we would have to pay him REAL well and probably at least a 3 year guaranteed contract with incentives... 

 

Quote

Not sure if I'm down with Davis, either. Calling plays for Army is not akin to calling plays for Nebraska. If he simply wanted a few fresh concepts he could hire an analyst from Army and get the same thing.

 

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

It really isn’t necessary. It makes way more sense in a situation where a head coach is leaving, but there’s no reason to withhold info like an OC leaving. They’ll play one more game with him, there’ll be hugs and wave him good bye and Monken will hire the next guy. The only reason no OC has been announced is either Frost hasn’t offered anyone, or No one has accepted his offer(s). 

 

bingo

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

 

No, at this point we should assume we don't have anybody.

 

But, if we do hire Army's OC, I find this interesting... 

 

 

oc.png

 

 

Yeah I was actually being sarcastic. I agree at this point it's safe to assume they don't have anyone and were caught with their pants down. Speaking of which what's Avery Moss up to now a days?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...