Jump to content


New Offensive Coordinator options?


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

How does the D in the Pac12 compare to the B1G?  A quick look there are 7 B1G in the top 50, Pac 12 has 2.  Of the 7 in the top 50, we played 6 of them.  The B1G would eat Harrell alive.

 

Might have missed a team from the Pac, as I do not know all the teams off of the top of my head.

Arizona, Arizona St, Utah, Colorado, Washington, Washington St, Oregon, Oregon St, Stanford, Cal, UCLA and USC. xoxo

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

 

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. The obvious reason is because none of Frost's targets were interested. Now he's hoping that when all the dust settles someone will be leftover looking for a job that he can snatch up.

It seems like it’s been an eternity…

 

I do think there were a number of targets identified early on. It may be more extensive than what one might imagine. I’m sure there are some issues slowing the process. To what extent I’m not sure.

 

We’ve probably contacted and interviewed all the ones we can and who are interested or close to it anyway. Hopefully all the selections are determined soon. The more potentials the better. The good news I suppose, if we haven’t been allowed others haven’t been able to either. 
 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What did I just read? S&C…S and f’n C? People think that’s near the top of the list of things to fix/change? :facepalm:

 

Did y’all even watch the last two games vs Michigan and the last 2 vs Iowa or our entire B1G schedule this year as opposed to 2 years ago? We may have lots of problems but getting pushed around like a peewee team isn’t one of them anymore. I’d say Duval is doing okay.

I just don’t get it some times. 

  • Plus1 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What did I just read? S&C…S and f’n C? People think that’s near the top of the list of things to fix/change? :facepalm:

 

Did y’all even watch the last two games vs Michigan and the last 2 vs Iowa or our entire B1G schedule this year as opposed to 2 years ago? We may have lots of problems but getting pushed around like a peewee team isn’t one of them anymore. I’d say Duval is doing okay.

 

Eyes may say one thing, his results say another. 57-86.  2 winning seasons out of 12.  

 

  • Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, I’d say the eyes are a lot more important with S&C. I mean he ain’t calling the plays or executing them or kicking the ball or running special teams or…..need I go on about who’s more responsible for the W-L record? Sure, S&C contributes across the board but it is obvious getting pushed around in the trenches was not our problem this year like it has been the past few. Its gotten noticeably better every year but still the wins haven’t come. I’ll say it again, S&C is showing pretty damn good improvement from where we were before he got here.

Maybe if those kickers could kick a little harder we wouldn't be in this mess! :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

S&C is a huge issue but some do not see it.  There is a reason our OTs can’t block worth a s#!t on pass plays and a lot of it has to do with being to stiff.  
 

Sure,  we might be stronger now than we have been in a few years but there is way more that goes into a good/great S&C program then just lifting.   
 


 

  • Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Part of the reason for the "delay" (which isn't really a delay but whatever) is that it's pretty bad form to interview assistant coaches until their season is over.  Thus, we couldn't interview some of the candidates until the last couple days.

 

Anae is in the mix.  Harrell and Whipple were two that we wanted to talk to but had to wait until this weekend.  Zak Hill on the list as well but seems headed to Auburn.  Whipple might not be looking to leave the Northeast.

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I’ve been following the flight tracker of a private plane that Frost has used in the past. Over the past few weeks it’s gone to Jamaica, Miami, Palm Springs, and St. Louis (yesterday). Maybe there’s a Rastafarian OC I’m unaware of? 

That’s the same places Joe hausmans plane has gone 

Link to comment

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Part of the reason for the "delay" (which isn't really a delay but whatever) is that it's pretty bad form to interview assistant coaches until their season is over.  Thus, we couldn't interview some of the candidates until the last couple days.

 

Anae is in the mix.  Harrell and Whipple were two that we wanted to talk to but had to wait until this weekend.  Zak Hill on the list as well but seems headed to Auburn.  Whipple might not be looking to leave the Northeast.

Anae and Harrell are hardly upgrades. Whipple would be solid 

  • Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Anae and Harrell are hardly upgrades. Whipple would be solid 

Yeah, I would have preferred to retain Lubick.  Continuity and give him full OC reigns.  BC we talking one more year.  Even the players on offense would have appreciated that.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

S&C is a huge issue but some do not see it.  There is a reason our OTs can’t block worth a s#!t on pass plays and a lot of it has to do with being to stiff.  
 

Sure,  we might be stronger now than we have been in a few years but there is way more that goes into a good/great S&C program then just lifting.   
 


 

I guess I don’t know enough about it to recognize if it’s scheme/technique/coaching/skill or some deficiency in the S&C program. I’d say that would take a pretty keen eye and a whole bunch of insider s&c information to know the difference. As for me, I just see that we aren’t getting our s#!t pushed all over the field any more. As far as our OL generally sucking, I guess some of it could be S&C induced stiffness but it must be really horrible since it is also affecting their brains. Not convinced stiffness causes false starts and complete whiffs and missed assignments and whatever the hell is wrong with Benhart.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
  • Create New...