Jump to content

New Offensive Coordinator options?


Recommended Posts


While i wouldn't mind helfrich, it just doesn't seem to a ton of sense. I mean Frost knows its a do or die situation next year and if Martinez leaves (I think he will), does anyone have faith in our current backups leading us to 8+ wins? The OC most likely needs to bring a qb and i doubt Helfrich can do that. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jpetermbb said:

While i wouldn't mind helfrich, it just doesn't seem to a ton of sense. I mean Frost knows its a do or die situation next year and if Martinez leaves (I think he will), does anyone have faith in our current backups leading us to 8+ wins? The OC most likely needs to bring a qb and i doubt Helfrich can do that. 

Helfrich had some good years at Oregon.  NU (Oregon influenced) has not.  I do not want any part of any more Oregon influence.  We got sold a whole bill of goods with the Oregon speed meeting Husker Power.  I have no desire to be Oregon lite or ever use the term Duck R again......

 

Riley.....Frost.....Lubick.....No mas influencia de oregon por favor

 
  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

Thoughts on Tom Manning? He’s friends with Campbell at ISU, but money talks.

 

“Tom Manning, OC, Iowa State: You have to rewind back to the Cyclones’ 2018 season, when Matt Campbell called the plays to appreciate his worth. Iowa State finished 96th nationally in total offense, including last in the Big 12 at running the ball that year. Manning came back to Ames in 2019 and made changes. Iowa State improved drastically and finished 27th and 34th in the FBS in total offense for the past two seasons. Quarterback Brock Purdy led the Big 12 in pass attempts during that span. Not to mention Breece Hall led the FBS in rushing in 2020. Every year the Cyclones’ offense gets better under Manning’s watch, which is a scary thought, considering how star-studded they’ll be this fall.”

 

https://stayaliveinpower5.com/2021/03/31/college-footballs-10-best-coordinators-of-2021/

Link to comment

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Helfrich had some good years at Oregon.  NU (Oregon influenced) has not.  I do not want any part of any more Oregon influence.  We got sold a whole bill of goods with the Oregon speed meeting Husker Power.  I have no desire to be Oregon lite or ever use the term Duck R again......

 

Riley.....Frost.....Lubick.....No mas influencia de oregon por favor

 

I agree on ending the PAC-12 experiment in Lincoln.  Rick Neuheisel made a comment the other day that effectively the PAC-12 needs to get bigger, more physical in order to compete nationally again.  It is relevant to our discussion as PAC-12 style simply does not work week after week in the BIG.  We are a good case study on this.

 

On the broader assistant situation, and bottom line, any staff worth their weight is not going to join a staff knowing that the assignment is likely to be a year or less.  Not to suggest that there will not be staff available to take a $1 million salary for a year, but they will not be the elite of the game.  

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

Frost would already have an uphill climb with an elite staff coming in.  If it’s a second tier staff, it’s going to be straight up a rock wall with greasy hands.  
 

The biggest hope is getting a few studs from the portal.  Especially QB, right tackle and edge rusher.  

Link to comment

5 minutes ago, theknife said:

He's already making 1.2 million at Ole Miss, so play calling duties would have to be the selling point. 

Do we have or could we get a Matt Corral? Not saying Libby is a bad pick, but Corral makes that offense look good with a lot his own crazy ability.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Frost would already have an uphill climb with an elite staff coming in.  If it’s a second tier staff, it’s going to be straight up a rock wall with greasy hands.  
 

The biggest hope is getting a few studs from the portal.  Especially QB, right tackle and edge rusher.  

I agree, the hires will basically write the story before we even get to 2022.  If he can't attract talented coaches and has to settle we should all just accept it will be another rough year and that's the end of Frost. It should be noted the buyout reduction date was set to October 1st, not the end of the season. 6 games will be played then, by far the easiest half of the schedule, and by that date and it will be clear if these changes are going to work or not.  That date wasn't an accident.

 

The transfer portal is a roll of the dice, one they have to take however. But no good pass rusher will ever pick Nebraska in it's current state as they would have tons of better options.  We won’t have a pass rush again next year most likely.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...