New Offensive Coordinator options?

6 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Give me Whipple over Harrell all day

I agree...Whipple has more experience and pedigree than Harrell.  Whipple was at the Steelers when Big Ben was a rookie and was given credit for Ben's early development.  If it's true that Whipple is the OC, we still need a RB/OL coach plus a ST coach.  I know Jeff Quinn has OL experience but what about with RBs as Joseph and Whipple are more focused on the passing game?

4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Coaches up a Heisman candidate QB, wins the ACC at Pitt. Decides hey guys the best career move is going to Nebraska on a coach in a make it or be fired year. What could possibly be a better move for me? 

I said this earlier about another candidate but it applies to him as well. If you were looking to advance yourself as quickly as possible being successful at Nebraska will do that much better than being successful at Pitt. If he can come in next year and Nebraska has a good year and our offense looks really good he's going to immediately become a head coaching candidate for power 5 schools.  Conversely if things don't go well the majority of the blame is going to fall on Frost.  Even Bob diaco even got another big10 DC position and he was not only incompetent.....he was crazy.

1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

I wont mind the hiring. I thought Pickett was great this year. But I will be disappointed if the best QB we can bring in is Purdy. I just don't see the arm (or leg) talent that Nebraska would need/want. 

He was reportedly one of the nation’s top 10 dual threat quarterbacks coming out of high school. However he suffered a collarbone injury as a freshman in 2020. 

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree...Whipple has more experience and pedigree than Harrell.  Whipple was at the Steelers when Big Ben was a rookie and was given credit for Ben's early development.  If it's true that Whipple is the OC, we still need a RB/OL coach plus a ST coach.  I know Jeff Quinn has OL experience but what about with RBs as Joseph and Whipple are more focused on the passing game?

I guess those flights from South Bend meant something after all. Lol 

3 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

I said this earlier about another candidate but it applies to him as well. If you were looking to advance yourself as quickly as possible being successful at Nebraska will do that much better than being successful at Pitt. If he can come in next year and Nebraska has a good year and our offense looks really good he's going to immediately become a head coaching candidate for power 5 schools.  Conversely if things don't go well the majority of the blame is going to fall on Frost.  Even Bob diaco even got another big10 DC position and he was not only incompetent.....he was crazy.

He is 64 years old. 

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I thought it was odd to see flights to South Bend over the weekend.  I also saw several to Massachusetts where Whipple has spent much time at but I never found any from the Pittsburgh area.  

Aww it was fun. Let’s not do it again though