What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

24 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

This list is baffling. I'd disagree with pretty much all except for Adrian, but the ones that make absolutely no sense whatsoever:

Honas - People forget how solid he has been at MLB. I know Reimer and Henrich are both studs, but it would be great to get Honas back and get an extra body to rotate

Tannor - Probably has been the most improved player on the defense. He's probably a year away from Dawson coaching him up to be an effective pass rusher, so I'm very excited to see what he can do next year

D Thomas & J Riley - Both have been really good at times this year and should be the 1&2 at nose if Daniels heads to the NFL

Sichterman - perhaps hasn't been special, but you honestly just expect addition by subtraction here? I really don't get it...

I saw this list and couldn't believe it myself. Many of those guys are really good and in the plans for next year. 

I will say this though. We need to trim the fat off our roster and especially at offensive line. There are too many non-contributors and 1AA talents. 

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

I must have missed this somewhere. I thought Alante was recovering from being injured two seasons in a row, not in the doghouse. Was he in trouble for something?

I haven't heard of Alante being injured during his time at NU. He's played a few snaps here and there. I just assumed that his lack of development and playing time was related to him and Lubick. 

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Used to be called depth, now its show them the door?? No wonder we suck. 

I think the point some of these guys are making is we need quality depth. Someone who comes in and we don’t miss a beat or not much. We don’t need guys on the roster who are bad. It’s a wasted scholarship, wasted reps in practice, time to move on. I hate to say it but it’s a two way street. Players want the portal to leave when they want to do what’s best for them. Programs need to start doing what’s best for them as well 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think the point some of these guys are making is we need quality depth. Someone who comes in and we don’t miss a beat or not much. We don’t need guys on the roster who are bad. It’s a wasted scholarship, wasted reps in practice, time to move on. I hate to say it but it’s a two way street. Players want the portal to leave when they want to do what’s best for them. Programs need to start doing what’s best for them as well 

I agree but Payne, Tannor, Thomas, and Honas are not players you kick off. All are productive and can still develop further. All four get pressure too. We can’t afford to get rid of any of them. Clements plays on special teams and is moving up the depth chart. It’s the offensive line for me that needs to start letting guys go.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I haven't heard of Alante being injured during his time at NU. He's played a few snaps here and there. I just assumed that his lack of development and playing time was related to him and Lubick. 

He has been hurt most of the time but got healthy towards the middle of the season. He actually has played a lot but the ball doesn’t get thrown to him. They’re trying to teach him the nuances of playing receiver, which I understand, but they do not do a good job of utilizing his speed. He plays mostly on the outside. I’m actually expecting to see more of him these next two weeks. I think he’s ready to assert himself. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I agree but Payne, Tannor, Thomas, and Honas are not players you kick off. All are productive and can still develop further. All four get pressure too. We can’t afford to get rid of any of them. Clements plays on special teams and is moving up the depth chart. It’s the offensive line for me that needs to start letting guys go.  

I wasn’t talking about any guys in particular. It’s just my general view if the staff sees anyone as a non contributor 

For me, I would move on from every punter and kicker.  I would also move on from Corcoran.  Perhaps he can be "trained up", yes, then get a good coach who can do that.  It's like Remember The Titans with that guy, he's just getting beat every play [put in Pete' ... he's better].  Ryan Gosling [thanks for the correction FunHusker] was the actor who played cornerback that said to play Pete' cause he couldn't compete against these guys.

• Haha 2