What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

36 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly .... which then takes us to the silly excuse that we are only 1-2 players away.  We are not.  That may be true on the OL ... but not for the team.  There is still much work to be done in this rebuild.  I'll point to the record and firing most of the OL.  What was promised and expected has not occurred.  Thus, we are four years in and don't have a starting OT for that spot [and that's the point].  Personally, I don't get how folks conclude this as "bashing".  It's just a statement of fact and failure.

OL and DL are the 2 position groups that require the most S&C and development to be effective. Then consider that Frost basically had a partial class in his 1st year, so the OLDEST of his larger framed, high caliber OL recruits that he has brought in are either Redshirt Sophomores or Redshirt Freshmen due to Covid year. 

That's not to absolve Frost, Austin, etc from responsibility for the subpar performance from this group, but count me out on the "everything is terrible" crowd.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

54 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly .... which then takes us to the silly excuse that we are only 1-2 players away.  We are not.  That may be true on the OL ... but not for the team.  There is still much work to be done in this rebuild.  I'll point to the record and firing most of the OL.  What was promised and expected has not occurred.  Thus, we are four years in and don't have a starting OT for that spot [and that's the point].  Personally, I don't get how folks conclude this as "bashing".  It's just a statement of fact and failure.

It is bashing.

And it's old.

We know this stuff....and 4 assistants got canned this week.  You probably heard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
35 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It is bashing.

And it's old.

We know this stuff....and 4 assistants got canned this week.  You probably heard.

Yeah, we gotta figure out what to do for the next 10 months. 

Alberts made his decision and Season Five will hold the answers. 

In the meantime, if you must second-guess, be creative. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I did ... do you have to keep harpin' on that.  Ha ha.

I'm excited to see who the new OL coach will be.

I'd say it's likely there will be some attrition on the OL after this season.  I hope neither TC nor BB is part of that.

A healthy TP will help move TC where he is able to succeed and gives others opportunity to develop further.

In no way was Frost pleased that he had to help Austin coach the OL as the meat of the season came.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Yant transfers to big10 power running team and runs for 150 on us next year 

By half.  

Didnt Yant also have some other school issues as well and that's why he came to Nebraska? I highly doubt he stays his full time at Nebraska. If the weight issues and my memory serves he might have to go juco first

1 hour ago, Bigred_inSD said:

By half.  

Didnt Yant also have some other school issues as well and that's why he came to Nebraska? I highly doubt he stays his full time at Nebraska. If the weight issues and my memory serves he might have to go juco first

why would he need to go juco after 2 years in college? i understand the team looks like a high school team at times but it is still teaching college academics.

Everyone is sure about Yant leaving? Why, based on the fact that he had a few good series this year. Wasn’t he a walk on? Nebraska put him on scholly , he comes into camp way out of shape. Once he got weight down, he played some. From walk on to contributor in short time… being a walk on caliber kid with weight issues, who only played a handful, the opportunities may not be there, unless he drops down a class. Because our oline is bad, SF really emphasizes pass pro, but fans only see the power running.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:09 AM, BigRedN said:

I've been told we are only 1-2 players away.  Thus, there is no one on the team that can overtake Corcoran.  That is a problem.  

For me, it all continues to show that we are not 1-2 players away.  Actually, we aren't ever 1-2 players away on the OL [as I see it].

On 11/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, BigRedN said:

This is why I object to the idea that we are 1-2 players away. 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, BigRedN said:

.  Yet, we are only 1-2 players away.  Again, we are a good 4-5 OL away in both the starters and backups ... and that's only one position.  

On 11/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, BigRedN said:

Exactly .... which then takes us to the silly excuse that we are only 1-2 players away.  We are not. 

So, let me get this straight….you DON’T think we are only 1-2 players away?

This has been going on for two weeks, in every thread you post in. I think you’ve got more than your money’s worth out of that one sound bite. Let it go man.

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1