What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting since players like Yant have problems knowing what to do in the system. 

Year 4....I stand by my comments he didn't develop anyone.......

Wisky's Braelon Allen....17 year old true freshman.....6 games with 100+ yards.....Development.....Systems......Scheme.....Three things I wish we had.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lo country said:

Year 4....I stand by my comments he didn't develop anyone.......

Wisky's Braelon Allen....17 year old true freshman.....6 games with 100+ yards.....Development.....Systems......Scheme.....Three things I wish we had.

I’ve been frustrated for a long time that our RBs seem to have no vision. So often they run through a hole, with a player being blocked at the second level. Instead of side stepping to open field, they run into the back of the lineman and get tackled. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Decked said:

Late. Don’t think he sucks. Just isn’t as good as those two. Could be a starter at a lower FBS school. Or FCS. 

* I see now your detail for Payne. Got it!  Thanks.  @Decked

It was a year ago and Wandale wasn't that good.  I don't know ... maybe that was true.  Maybe the truth for Sev will be found out after he finds his new school.  

33 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It was a year ago and Wandale wasn't that good.  I don't know ... maybe that was true.  Maybe the truth for Sev will be found out after he finds his new school.  

Was in regards to Payne not Sevy

34 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

In regards to P. Payne not Sevy 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Seems like Held recruited all these guys but had no idea what to do with them. Our running game, if you can call it that, was mostly the smallest guy running up the middle.

Sevion Morrison never got a chance, but he shouldn’t feel bad about it because neither did any of the other backs in this haphazard clueless system of blind scrambling quarterbacks and linemen who couldn’t block your grandma.

100% agreed.  I'd actually be surprised if Morrison doesn't excel at his next stop.  I think he's going to be a good one.

• Fire 2
11 hours ago, Decked said:

Could be a starter at a lower FBS school. Or FCS.

Haven't we proved we ARE that school?<_<    He could have started here wt the right coaching and with more time to develop.  If we had some senior RBs ahead of him, there would have been more time to develop.  The RB "pipeline' is non-existent under this staff. So, we throw guys into the lake hoping one of them can swim. 

Possibly got tired of the inside-zone running scheme, going off the guard's hip.  Over and Over.  It can wear you down.  Most backs would love some plays running outside a bit more.  Although they did try some swing passes to him in space.  Who knows though.  Best of luck to Sevy, I liked him.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Seems like Held recruited all these guys but had no idea what to do with them. Our running game, if you can call it that, was mostly the smallest guy running up the middle.

Sevion Morrison never got a chance, but he shouldn’t feel bad about it because neither did any of the other backs in this haphazard clueless system of blind scrambling quarterbacks and linemen who couldn’t block your grandma.

she is 6'5" 250 and runs a 4.4 forty.

• Haha 4