What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

29 minutes ago, runningblind said:

It's one or the other I think. I doubt you're convincing a transfer to come with a 5th year starter returning.

Well I think Frost needs to make it clear he will look for other options to push Martinez should he choose to return. And if that happens, Martinez could spend his 5th year as a backup.

Now perhaps Smothers will come in and perform well and help the team win and we can all say Smothers is the future!

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  He's our second leading receiver and one of the top targets.

I think he meant "wasted" as in he was a top-tier talent and we didn't get to see him shine in a Title game (or even a win against a Top 25 program). 

Or maybe he meant "wasted" as in the dude would go gonzo at parties and get blitzed out of his gourd. Who knows?  :dunno

Spoiler

It's the first wasted, I'm pretty sure. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
10 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm frankly amazed I haven't seen any pushback yet on the Allen decision saying he needs more 'seasoning' and 'isn't quite ready yet' from our NFL experts here on Huskerboard dot com.  Progress!

15 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

I think we all see his ability. If some think he was used to his full potential at NU, I don’t even know what to say that. It was wasted talent. 

So you're saying he needs more seasoning? :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Didn't Allen set the Nebraska TE receiving record this season?

What an accomplishment. Our passing and receiving records at Nebraska are not impressive to most programs. We spent 100 years running the ball. Then the last 20 years changing schemes and sucking at football. So guessing tons of records and stats get broken at NU. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm frankly amazed I haven't seen any pushback yet on the Allen decision saying he needs more 'seasoning' and 'isn't quite ready yet' from our NFL experts here on Huskerboard dot com.  Progress!

Mel Kipper Jr reads the huskerboard that's where he gets all of his information

• Oh Yeah! 1
8 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

What an accomplishment. Our passing and receiving records at Nebraska are not impressive to most programs. We spent 100 years running the ball. Then the last 20 years changing schemes and sucking at football. So guessing tons of records and stats get broken at NU. 

Stanley Morgan Jr was our 1st 1000 receiver IIRC.  And he's still the only one...

• Fire 1