What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

8 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

What an accomplishment. Our passing and receiving records at Nebraska are not impressive to most programs. We spent 100 years running the ball. Then the last 20 years changing schemes and sucking at football. So guessing tons of records and stats get broken at NU. 

To your point.  Adrian has set several records during his career.  But when you think of a list of Husker great QBs, I don't think of him in the top 10 - not anywhere close.  Records are meaningless without wins. He is top 10 in the kind of person we'd want on our program however.   Of course, perhaps he could have been top 10 if we had a competent o-line and competent coaching around him. Yet, we still would have had his turnovers and bad red zone and end of game performance  to take into account. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

To your point.  Adrian has set several records during his career.  But when you think of a list of Husker great QBs, I don't think of him in the top 10 - not anywhere close.  Records are meaningless without wins. He is top 10 in the kind of person we'd want on our program however.   Of course, perhaps he could have been top 10 if we had a competent o-line and competent coaching around him. Yet, we still would have had his turnovers and bad red zone and end of game performance  to take into account. 

Lol bro, I too wanted more success for 2AM, but to say he doesn’t even crack the top 10 is a slap in the face and borderline disrespectful 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Lol bro, I too wanted more success for 2AM, but to say he doesn’t even crack the top 10 is a slap in the face and borderline disrespectful 

That is why I added the additional - he didn't have an 0-line and coaching support he needed. But as I said - it isn't about the individual stats that a player has accumulated. Football is a team sport. To AM's credit, his supporting cast wasn't as good as other past QBs. But in the crunch, I can think of others who I would prefer leading the team during crunch time.  NO disrespect to AM is meant at all. He showed great heart and dedication.

If I had a million dollar bet and it depended on the QB, I'd feel much better if it was one of these guys leading my team:

In no particular order

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Crouch

Steve Taylor

Humm

Tagge

Ganz

Zac Taylor

Vince Ferragamo

Dennis Claridge

Taylor Martinez

Brook Berringer

Gerry Gdowski

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Put him on the teams that have your top ten and how do you think he would be?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Put him on the teams that have your top ten and how do you think he would be?

I think he would have done very well.  But we'd have to add - better coaching as well. His mechanics were still off on certain types of passes. His tendency to turn the ball over was an issue. But not uncommon with some of our former option QBs like Crouch.  

27 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That is why I added the additional - he didn't have an 0-line and coaching support he needed. But as I said - it isn't about the individual stats that a player has accumulated. Football is a team sport. To AM's credit, his supporting cast wasn't as good as other past QBs. But in the crunch, I can think of others who I would prefer leading the team during crunch time.  NO disrespect to AM is meant at all. He showed great heart and dedication.

If I had a million dollar bet and it depended on the QB, I'd feel much better if it was one of these guys leading my team:

In no particular order

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Crouch

Steve Taylor

Humm

Tagge

Ganz

Zac Taylor

Vince Ferragamo

Dennis Claridge

Taylor Martinez

Brook Berringer

Gerry Gdowski

I would take Adrian over Taylor. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
50 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

OFFS!

give him an o-line, and good coaches he's put a couple hiesmans in the trophy case.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3
58 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

OFFS!

give him an o-line, and good coaches he's put a couple hiesmans in the trophy case.

Wow! Thats some level of hyperbole. The vast majority of his glaring poor decisions, passes, or turnovers aren't on him, huh? Its mostly coaching and supporting cast failures? Perhaps you'll be proven correct based on which round he's drafted.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

By this logic, Dan Marino isn't a great QB cuz he never won a super bowl but Trent Dilfer is

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1