What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

9 hours ago, GSG said:

By this logic, Dan Marino isn't a great QB cuz he never won a super bowl but Trent Dilfer is

Wrong comparison. Marino won a lot of games. You don’t have to be champions to be a great QB.   Would you place 2AM at the top of the list that I provided if you needed a crunch time QB?   Yes AM did some amazing things and had great stats and is a terrific guy on a personal level but it didn’t translate to getting any of those one score games into a win. That isn’t all on him of course -coaches & ST played a role— plenty of reasons why we could not win those games. Sometimes AM was the reason we were in those games and sometimes he was the reason we lost those games. I just don’t think he was clutch in the red zone and at the end of the game 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Wrong comparison. Marino won a lot of games. You don’t have to be champions to be a great QB.   Would you place 2AM at the top of the list that I provided if you needed a crunch time QB?   Yes AM did some amazing things and had great stats and is a terrific guy on a personal level but it didn’t translate to getting any of those one score games into a win. That isn’t all on him of course -coaches & ST played a role— plenty of reasons why we could not win those games. Sometimes AM was the reason we were in those games and sometimes he was the reason we lost those games. I just don’t think he was clutch in the red zone and at the end of the game 

:movegoalpost:

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 3

26 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Yeah, hard to believe Daniels wouldn’t at least test the waters at this point. It’s possible he doesn’t like what he hears as a potential draft grade and comes back though.

I would think that Daniels' injury against Wisconsin would push him to going to the NFL (not wanting to risk further injury in college), but maybe he's hearing that he needs to put more play on tape. After the first round, rookies doing get paid a ton of cash (relative to rest of NFL) anyway, it's all about that 2nd contract and getting to that 2nd deal as soon as possible.  I think the smart decision would be for him to go pro, but that's just me. 

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, GSG said:

:movegoalpost:

Not sure what goal post you think I'm moving. :dunno I've said he is an amazing athlete and person but he isn't the clutch player like many previous Husker QB or isn't a winner like the others - Individual stats are meaningless if the wins aren't there.    I took nothing away from him as a person or his character - top notch there.  

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Not sure what goal post you think I'm moving. :dunno I've said he is an amazing athlete and person but he isn't the clutch player like many previous Husker QB or isn't a winner like the others - Individual stats are meaningless if the wins aren't there.    I took nothing away from him as a person or his character - top notch there.  

I’m with you. Some people are just competitors and win close games. They figure out how to make the plays needed. Adrian does good putting up stats but he doesn’t have that intangible needed to be great or take us to the next level. A guy like Milton doesn’t have the physical abilities of Adrian but he has the winning grit and drive Adrian lacks.