What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

57 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

According to any one of the recruiting services, any high school players worth a damn are taking your advice. 

And that is scary for the longer term. With all we are losing after this season, the horrendous class we will have this year, the horrendous class we will have for the 2023 class after another year of this crap leaves a very bleak outlook for the future.

Losing, get used to it because it's going to continue to be the NU for years to come.

• Plus1 3

25 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

And that is scary for the longer term. With all we are losing after this season, the horrendous class we will have this year, the horrendous class we will have for the 2023 class after another year of this crap leaves a very bleak outlook for the future.

Losing, get used to it because it's going to continue to be the NU for years to come.

Couldn't agree more.

The only reason Nebraska keeps games even close is because they have talent, especially at WR, TE and the secondary. It'll be scary to see what Frost does with a team without talent. 

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

We are setting ourselves up to be the perpetual bottom feeder of the West. 

I also have zero hope in us getting homerun hires for these positions. I'm going to be underwhelmed I already know it 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We are setting ourselves up to be the perpetual bottom feeder of the West. 

I also have zero hope in us getting homerun hires for these positions. I'm going to be underwhelmed I already know it 

Even if they do make a home run hire, the amount that needs fixed is massive and the time to do it is short.

I think Nebraska fields a worse team next season, the defense will take a step back, but the record may improve to 4-8.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

We went 3-9 this year with kids who have been a part of the top 4-5 B1G recruiting classes since Frost has been here.  He is 15-29 over all. With top 25 classes.... We are currently in the 70's nationally and dead last in the B1G.  We can't win with better recruits, how will we win when we are dead last....What kid with 1-2 years left will come here.  How many kids will commit knowing Frost might be gone in 2023.  How much effort will Frost out into 2022 knowing that for all intents and purposes he lives or dies in 2022 with the kids he currently has.....

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, lo country said:

We went 3-9 this year with kids who have been a part of the top 4-5 B1G recruiting classes since Frost has been here.  He is 15-29 over all. With top 25 classes.... We are currently in the 70's nationally and dead last in the B1G.  We can't win with better recruits, how will we win when we are dead last....What kid with 1-2 years left will come here.  How many kids will commit knowing Frost might be gone in 2023.  How much effort will Frost out into 2022 knowing that for all intents and purposes he lives or dies in 2022 with the kids he currently has.....

Will be a total s#!tshow next year 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Even if they do make a home run hire, the amount that needs fixed is massive and the time to do it is short.

I think Nebraska fields a worse team next season, the defense will take a step back, but the record may improve to 4-8.

I am with you.  New O staff, potentially new scheme, new techniques, nomenclature.......Losing a lot of talent from the D.  I am no longer in the camp that we ever have any gimme games with this staff.  4-8 is my expectations.  Based on this year maybe 5-7.  I'd wear at the transfer portal looking for a punter and kicker.   Better ST play could get us to that 6-6 range.....And the elephant in the room is Mr .340 will be back as HC.

• Plus1 1