What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

With what a lot of people say is an "easier" schedule.  Looking at the schedule, favored in 2 games?  Maybe 4 tops.  Remember when Bo was fired and a monkey could get 9 wins....Riley and Frost remember.

Well at DL you lose Daniels, Thomas, Stille.....secondary 3 of 4 gone. Domann gone. Our D will be worse. 

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

We went 3-9 this year with kids who have been a part of the top 4-5 B1G recruiting classes since Frost has been here.  He is 15-29 over all. With top 25 classes.... We are currently in the 70's nationally and dead last in the B1G.  We can't win with better recruits, how will we win when we are dead last....What kid with 1-2 years left will come here.  How many kids will commit knowing Frost might be gone in 2023.  How much effort will Frost out into 2022 knowing that for all intents and purposes he lives or dies in 2022 with the kids he currently has.....

Good post.  Heading into this season I believe Nebraska has had top recruiting class on average over the past 4 seasons of any BIG West team.  Recruiting and talent have not been the issue this season...it really all points back to coaching and the culture that Frost has created.  

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

With what a lot of people say is an "easier" schedule.  Looking at the schedule, favored in 2 games?  Maybe 4 tops.  Remember when Bo was fired and a monkey could get 9 wins....Riley and Frost remember.

Well our 3 crossovers next season are Rutgers, Indiana and Michigan. This year are 3 crossovers were MSU, OSU and Michigan.  Thus we have 2 easier crossover games than a year ago.  Regardless, getting to 6-6 or 7-5 should not be enough for Frost to save his job next season.  We really need to see 8 or 9 wins in Season 5 as he needs an immediate and dramatic turnaround.  

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Well our 3 crossovers next season are Rutgers, Indiana and Michigan. This year are 3 crossovers were MSU, OSU and Michigan.  Thus we have 2 easier crossover games than a year ago.  Regardless, getting to 6-6 or 7-5 should not be enough for Frost to save his job next season.  We really need to see 8 or 9 wins in Season 5 as he needs an immediate and dramatic turnaround.  

The only 2 I remember improving after 4 losing seasons are Schiano at Rutgers and Cutcliffe at Duke.

Schiano:

2-9

1-11

5-7

4-7

7-5

11-2

8-5

8-5

9-4

4-8

9-4

His best conference record was 5-2.  Never won it.  5-1 in bowls.  6 winning seasons out of 11

Cutcliffe

4-8

5-7

3-9

3-9

6-7

10-4

9-4

8-5

4-8

7-6

8-5

5-7

2-9

3-5

Best conference record was 6-2 and he won the coastal.  3-3 in Bowls.  5 wining seasons out of 14

Statistically speaking, he won't turn things around.  But then again, we should not be 5-20 in one score games....That is a .15% chance.  65% chance to have won at least 12 of those...This season odds?  To lose all of them?  .19%

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

The only 2 I remember improving after 4 losing seasons are Schiano at Rutgers and Cutcliffe at Duke.

Schiano:

2-9

1-11

5-7

4-7

7-5

11-2

8-5

8-5

9-4

4-8

9-4

His best conference record was 5-2.  Never won it.  5-1 in bowls.  6 winning seasons out of 11

Cutcliffe

4-8

5-7

3-9

3-9

6-7

10-4

9-4

8-5

4-8

7-6

8-5

5-7

2-9

3-5

Best conference record was 6-2 and he won the coastal.  3-3 in Bowls.  5 wining seasons out of 14

Statistically speaking, he won't turn things around.  But then again, we should not be 5-20 in one score games....That is a .15% chance.  65% chance to have won at least 12 of those...This season odds?  To lose all of them?  .19%

....I thought I explained to you how statistics actually work :lol:

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I too am floored by the ridiculous stats from this season and the last 4 years.

It's mind boggling.  You look at the productions, points, offense/defense rankings and we should be 9-3 at at the least.  Almost every season should be reversed.  8-4, 7-5....Not one ball has bounced our way in 4 years.  At least none I can recall.

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm telling ya, next year he'll find a way to hit 6, and it'll prolong the misery.

And he will get a 5 year extension, big pay raise to make sure that he doesn't get poached.  I will say that 6-6, with a new staff, losses on the D will be an improvement.  But he'd need to do better in 2023 before I'd entertain an extension.  

36 minutes ago, lo country said:

And he will get a 5 year extension, big pay raise to make sure that he doesn't get poached.  I will say that 6-6, with a new staff, losses on the D will be an improvement.  But he'd need to do better in 2023 before I'd entertain an extension.  

I see 6-6 next year, and then another losing season to follow. We're just prolonging the misery at this point.

• Plus1 1