What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We need a Nose very very very badly for next year. Nash got blown off the ball multiple times yesterday. Would have enjoyed seeing Daniel's square off against Iowas Center yesterday. 

I agree. But to be fair a lot of dudes are gonna get murked seeing their first true action against the best center prospect in 5 years. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

There was a notable difference in our LOS with and without Daniels. 

Oh I agree. They kicked our a$$. And the worst part is their offense is s#!t. And we dropped about 4 picks plus a fumble we didn’t get. We invent a new way to lose every weekend. 

2 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

If it's helfrich nebraska fans need to raise hell. Tennessee type s#!t

I agree.  Helfrich will not push Frost in new directions as needs to happen.  Frost needs to make the best hires possible and then take a step back and have minimal involvement with play calling or game management.  That is the only way this program will turn around.  

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree.  Helfrich will not push Frost in new directions as needs to happen.  Frost needs to make the best hires possible and then take a step back and have minimal involvement with play calling or game management.  That is the only way this program will turn around.  

The less frost has to do with anything football related the better off nebraska is 

• Plus1 1

Frost's comments on players staying. “Take one more step”. SMH.  3-9 and the players need to take one more step.  

FROST ON HIS PITCH TO POSSIBLE RETURNING PLAYERS

“I do not think they need to be sold. I think each one of them just needs to make a decision that is best for them. There are some that probably need to go give it a shot at the next level. There are others that can use another year. My senior year a couple guys came back that could have gotten drafted real high, but they wanted to see this through. I think we will have some like that and some that will take the next challenge. The guys that are going to be back need to bond together and take one more step.”

I find the talk about guys who have one more year of eligibility left as "leaving early" is an odd comment given the most of them only have an extra year of eligibility due to the free COVID year. It's mostly done in the media, but it's still a weird phrasing to me. Most of these guys have been at NU 4-5 years already, so they are probably ready to move on to their next chapter in life. It's nothing like Peter or Wistrom coming back when they could have turned pro after the 1996 season. 

• Plus1 5