What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

46 minutes ago, lo country said:

Frost's comments on players staying. “Take one more step”. SMH.  3-9 and the players need to take one more step.  

FROST ON HIS PITCH TO POSSIBLE RETURNING PLAYERS

“I do not think they need to be sold. I think each one of them just needs to make a decision that is best for them. There are some that probably need to go give it a shot at the next level. There are others that can use another year. My senior year a couple guys came back that could have gotten drafted real high, but they wanted to see this through. I think we will have some like that and some that will take the next challenge. The guys that are going to be back need to bond together and take one more step.”

Therein lies the problem. He was a Senior a while back. Things have changed as they always do.

21 minutes ago, Farms said:

Deontre Thomas is a big loss especially if Damion Daniels decides not to return. Gonna have to rebuild that D-Line around Ty Robinson and Casey Rogers.

Daniels out as well now.  Or Thomas just posted his 60 sec good=bye video with Daniels in all of the shots....Chin gonna earn that money next year for sure.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I love watching Garrett Nelson play. Phenomenal motor. I'm excited to see him and Caleb Tannor get after the QBs next year

I think Nelson has the potential to be the best pass rusher we’ve had since Gregory. That’s not saying a lot cause we’ve had literally no one but still think he could be pretty good by if he keeps improving.

Nelson needs to work on his consistency . He has a knack for disappearing. He needs to learn how to do something other than a pure bull rush. 

I don’t think Ty had a jump like I thought he was gonna have. Also a player who disappears. Rogers may have gotten hurt again I dont think he will last a whole year. 

unless they got some studs or do some crazy developing I don’t feel confident about DL, LB, or CB/S next season. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Decked said:

Nelson needs to work on his consistency . He has a knack for disappearing. He needs to learn how to do something other than a pure bull rush. 

I don’t think Ty had a jump like I thought he was gonna have. Also a player who disappears. Rogers may have gotten hurt again I dont think he will last a whole year. 

unless they got some studs or do some crazy developing I don’t feel confident about DL, LB, or CB/S next season. 

Not wrong IMO.  I think ILB will be ok.  OLB who knows.  I'm guessing Farmer and Newsome will improve and hold down one spot a piece.  Who holds the other safety and CB.  DL is taking a huge hit.  Nelson is like mortar.  Fire and forget.  When he hits it's big.  Needs to dial down the intensity and make sure he hits what he's aiming at.  I think Tannor had his best game yesterday.  Maybe things are finally clicking for him.  Gifford will need to get bigger.  

Not to harp on missing bowl games, but for some of these guys, they have missed between 24-36 extra practices minimum.  That hurts.  A lot.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not to harp on missing bowl games, but for some of these guys, they have missed between 24-36 extra practices minimum.  That hurts.  A lot.

You're wrong remember.   There was the one poster that said those practices are overrated.  SMH

I will give Nelson some props.  He played more responsibility sound this year.  He still had moments where his motor hurt the defense, but for the most part he was more controlled.  Ty Rob and Rogers can be suffice, Nash has plenty of room to grow as a DT but expect that as this was his first action as a freshman.  Explosiveness out of those guys in the middle of the line is the biggest need going forward IMO.  I am more concerned about the LBs than the secondary.  Losing JoJo is beyond huge.  He could cover up a lot of other guys f#&% ups.  And I still cringe watching Heinrich in coverage.  I honestly believe the D was okay this year, but the Offense and ST abortions didn't magnify the issues that raised it's head often this year.   Namely tackling and covering in space,especially underneath routes.

Will be interesting, but again no expectations and my breath will not be held  

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

You're wrong remember.   There was the one poster that said those practices are overrated.  SMH

I will give Nelson some props.  He played more responsibility sound this year.  He still had moments where his motor hurt the defense, but for the most part he was more controlled.  Ty Rob and Rogers can be suffice, Nash has plenty of room to grow as a DT but expect that as this was his first action as a freshman.  Explosiveness out of those guys in the middle of the line is the biggest need going forward IMO.  I am more concerned about the LBs than the secondary.  Losing JoJo is beyond huge.  He could cover up a lot of other guys f#&% ups.  And I still cringe watching Heinrich in coverage.  I honestly believe the D was okay this year, but the Offense and ST abortions didn't magnify the issues that raised it's head often this year.   Namely tackling and covering in space,especially underneath routes.

Will be interesting, but again no expectations and my breath will not be held  

JoJo covered up a ton of miscues.  He won't be easily replaced.  Leadership, motor, athleticism etc....Watching Minnie shut down Ferguson for Wisky on those underneath routes.  Their coverage skills are pretty poor.  Reading PFF, I got used to seeing "targeted five times for four/five completions".  I no idea why we continually get exploited by those and why we never run a lot of those.  And I have no idea who is behind Reimer and Heinrich.  Is Honas still trying to come back?  If so I guess it'd be him and Kolarevic?

And those overrated practices?  Frost and Co have now missed between between 48-60 total.  That's roughly 2 seasons worth with spring and fall....Like you said, SMH.

• Plus1 1