What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

Thinking more about Cam leaving and realizing it could make a lot of sense for him to go. Sure, he could come back and improve his stock, maybe get in the award conversations. Selfishly, I wanted him to come back and leave leading this team to a winning record and bowling. However, he does have an injury history and has been in school awhile. The risk there for him as an individual is understandable. Hopefully he does get the chance to show off quite well at the combine and gets drafted early. 

22 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Except "2nd contract" doesn't happen. for everyone.  The NFL will chew you up.

So time will tell if it's the "right decision".

You're right, he may not get that 2nd contract. He also may have come back to NU and had an injury riddled season and not get drafted at all.  IMO, he's making the best decision. 

Cam has been in school for 3.5 years, so with summer classes added I assume he will either graduate this winter or is on pace to graduate in the spring.

I don’t fault any of these guys for wanting to move on after they have their degree. They don’t owe it to anyone to stick around for a 5 or 6 years..

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1