What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Personally, I think we need to stop chasing how we can get into the Samoan recruiting.  Sure, keep offering and if one acts interested, go after him.  But, we have had so few Samoan players come here and contribute, that I think it's a waste of time to make major decisions based on trying to recruit them.

agree

10 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

the merry go round sucks.

Masker, Smothers for sure, maybe even Torres, although he sits where ever he goes.

Thompson is too cocky for my money, if his thumb doesn't heal, who knows?

Again, what is the concern about a sprained thumb healing? That makes no sense to me. There was no surgery. He doesn't have to do rehab on the hand. It just needed rest. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I'd rather have a cocky qb than a guy who buckles under pressure.  There are very few Kurt Warner qbs out there.  Those that are awesome (rodgers, brady, mahomes) tend to be pricks on the field.    

Tommie Frazier was one of the cockiest players and biggest a-holes Nebraska football has ever seen. Many of his teammates couldn't stand the guy. But, he got the best out of his teammates, and he backed up everything he said. If Thompson ends up being anywhere close to what Frazier was like for NU, I will take it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Tommie Frazier was one of the cockiest players and biggest a-holes Nebraska football has ever seen. Many of his teammates couldn't stand the guy. But, he got the best out of his teammates, and he backed up everything he said. If Thompson ends up being anywhere close to what Frazier was like for NU, I will take it. 

The new OC did say the best QB's are pricks...  They are not hear to win "best bud" awards.  i agree with you, if we get anything near TF from this QB, life will be much improved at deal ol' NU.

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Exodus continues in the LB room... Hmm. 

Based on how you finished with the ….Hmm, you sound concerned?  Don’t be. Nothing to see here. Honas was going to struggle seeing time and Wynden was a Tuioti guy. Not surprised at all with him leaving. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, hunter49 said:

the merry go round sucks.

Masker, Smothers for sure, maybe even Torres, although he sits where ever he goes.

Thompson is too cocky for my money, if his thumb doesn't heal, who knows?

Frazier to this day was the cockiest QB we have had, and to this day may be the greatest. Most of his teammates weren’t fans bc of his arrogance and cockiness. It did end up affecting his coaching career, but not as a player.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I’m thinking with all the D backs we brought in that some of our current roster will find their way to the exit door. We brought in four already and maybe one more on the way.

And that’s fine. Time to operate like a big boy program. Fisher said it best. We’re trying to bring in someone better than you every year.