What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

• 3 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

Seems pretty fair. Payne outside of the Illinois game was nowhere to be found. Nixon may have been hampered by that injury. Likely was getting passed up again. 

The writing must be on the wall for Nixon...to not even go through spring ball and see if you can beat out the incoming guys, it must be pretty obvious he has been passed up? Too bad, I thought he would have been a contributor.

Payne is strange...did something change from December? 

1 minute ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

The writing must be on the wall for Nixon...to not even go through spring ball and see if you can beat out the incoming guys, it must be pretty obvious he has been passed up? Too bad, I thought he would have been a contributor.

Wonder if we are adding a pass rusher from the portal

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

I think Payne put himself in the portal in December to gauge interest, didn't get much, but may have gotten more responses from coaches in recent weeks.

EDIT: Or this also signals a pass rusher may be coming in, as @Decked pointed out.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Decked said:

Seems pretty fair. Payne outside of the Illinois game was nowhere to be found. Nixon may have been hampered by that injury. Likely was getting passed up again. 

I agree with your take on Payne. He is the one guy that we signed that I looked at as questionable. His tape wasnt that good. Oh well, wish him the best. 

48 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I think we're ok there. Rogers and Robinson as starters, Hutmacher in the rotation, as well as guys like Feist. I think we're better off there than people want to say.

I guess that is why they call it a forum and you have a variety of views.

For me, I could take a DL upgrade in 1-2 positions.  When we have DL getting drafted every year or every other year then I'll believe we're better off than people want to say.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I think we're ok there. Rogers and Robinson as starters, Hutmacher in the rotation, as well as guys like Feist. I think we're better off there than people want to say.

I think some people are sleeping on Marquis Black some...kid is massive. We will do more 4 man fronts anyways so a true NG will be less needed. 

• Plus1 2