What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

2 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

odd, I got burned yet I already told Maveric my info was from the same site..??  interesting!!  PS...  should you be making derogitory and insulting comments about someones physical appearance..??  

I was concerned for your health. Aloe is great stuff.

I don't care about your physical appearance. I'm sure you're a swell person no matter how you look.

6 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

I agree that it is a reasonable request...  I have answered it several times, that it was from the same site and was offensive line stats .. 

No, you never answered it.  You claimed it was "YEAR END OFFENSIVE LINE RANK", which doesn't appear anywhere on the page you just linked.  As @Toe pointed out, you're referring to a statistic that doesn't exist, or at least doesn't exist where you said it does. 

Based on your claim that Nebraska was 115th in 2021, it appears that you were using the far right column, which is Passing Downs Sack Rate.  That is one aspect that they kept statistics on but a far cry from the overall ranking you were trying to present it as.  You accused me of cherry picking then you cherry picked one stats to fit your narrative (assuming you even realized you were only looking at a stat that measured one aspect, which is not what you implied in your earlier posts).

I also think its pretty crappy that someone will continue to misrepresent what was said to try and bolster thier arguement..  the "6 yr" reference was CLEARLY taken from Maverics comment about 2017 recuits, yet he wanted to make it seem like my comment was inept because "SF hasnt even been here 6 yrs"... 

To whom were you referring in this post?  When was the "up front" to which you referred?

Ive learned a few valuable points over the last few yrs and one is that some people with an opinion when faced with facts will still not change thier minds...  even when I post the link (which I shouldnt have to, the info could easily been found if he actually attempted) he will try and claim something to justify his own stance... 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2021

I did try.  I Googled exactly what you told me to look for.  It wasn't there.  It still isn't there, even in the link you posted.

So perhaps some self-evaluation is in order before you throw around accusations that more appropriately apply to yourself.

• Plus1 5
On 2/28/2022 at 6:07 AM, twofittyonred said:

More cherry picking... ALSO from Outsiders

Offensive ranking nationally per yr

2021 - 115th

2020 - 87th

2019 - 45th

2018 - 63rd  - Scott Frost

2017 - 12th  

2016 -18th

2015 - 6th

They "tanked" in 2018.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

No, you never answered it.  You claimed it was "YEAR END OFFENSIVE LINE RANK", which doesn't appear anywhere on the page you just linked.  As @Toe pointed out, you're referring to a statistic that doesn't exist, or at least doesn't exist where you said it does. 

Based on your claim that Nebraska was 115th in 2021, it appears that you were using the far right column, which is Passing Downs Sack Rate.  That is one aspect that they kept statistics on but a far cry from the overall ranking you were trying to present it as.  You accused me of cherry picking then you cherry picked one stats to fit your narrative (assuming you even realized you were only looking at a stat that measured one aspect, which is not what you implied in your earlier posts).

Looks like you switched from standard to passing downs rate for 2021 which makes it look worse. Given the fact that your point was really it got worse in 2018, maybe that was just overlooked.

2021 - Pass Downs sack rate (115th) - standard downs sack rate ranked 62nd.

2020 - Standard Downs sack rate (87th)

2019 - Standard Downs sack rate (45th)

2018 - Standard Downs sack rate (68th)

But yeah either way, standard downs sack rate isn't a comprehensive measure by any means - definitely not "offensive ranking" or even the later "offensive line ranking." And there is a difference between latching onto one stat and throwing out a couple which is what Mav did.

I'm not even really on Mav's side here, I think characterizing the progress as steady improvement until 2021 is very generous. They got better in some numbers and worse in others, and then 2021 worse across the board. But latching onto sack rate (which is the only thing Riley's OLs did well) and insisting that's the only measure to use is ridiculous. I would even argue the number 2017 and earlier there are as much a product of the offensive system and QB than they are of the OL. Say what you will about Tanner Lee, he didn't take a lot of sacks - he got the ball out quick. To the DBs. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Looks like you switched from standard to passing downs rate for 2021 which makes it look worse. Given the fact that your point was really it got worse in 2018, maybe that was just overlooked.

But yeah either way, standard downs sack rate isn't a comprehensive measure by any means - definitely not "offensive ranking" or even the later "offensive line ranking." And there is a difference between latching onto one stat and throwing out a couple which is what Mav did.

I'm not even really on Mav's side here, I think characterizing the progress as steady improvement until 2021 is very generous. They got better in some numbers and worse in others, and then 2021 worse across the board. But latching onto sack rate (which is the only thing Riley's OLs did well) and insisting that's the only measure to use is ridiculous. I would even argue the number 2017 and earlier there are as much a product of the offensive system and QB than they are of the OL. Say what you will about Tanner Lee, he didn't take a lot of sacks - he got the ball out quick. To the DBs. 

The reason I listed the numbers I did had three factors.  First, I'm lazy and didn't want to do them all.  :lol:  Second, given the first, I picked out the ones that seemed to fall most in line with what people would want to see - how good we were at running the ball overall, how much the line "did their job" and how were were in short-yardage.

But the third reason had to do with the stats themselves.  The way they termed it, all the pass-blocking stats were "unadjusted".  I interpreted that to mean it was just two raw data numbers - number of sacks divided by number of pass attempts.  That is, there isn't any differentiation between whether the sack was the line's fault or the QB's fault for holding the ball too long.  I'm sure we weren't that great in either case but Martinez was often criticized for holding the ball to long as well so I wasn't sure how much (or if) that affected it.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

What's crazy with those stats, and I hate myself for saying this, is how close we were (maybe are).  Against some really, really good teams......This team has been all over the place in 4 years.  I have no idea was the decline the competition, our staff, lack of talent/development....I really have no idea.  We are so high and low I truly do not know what team over the past 4 years is who we "really are".  Crazy. How to be so close in 1 score games and are record is so bad....

Cautiously optimistic going into this season.  That had me with the running game comments!

• Plus1 1
On 3/2/2022 at 7:57 AM, BIG ERN said:

We are still 3 over and that is if we don't take someone else from the portal...not saying any of the below will for sure leave, but the writing is on the wall or now or never for a few. 

1. Smothers
  2. Stepp
  3. Pola-Gates
  4. Lynum
  5. Eva Mauga
  6. Wildeman
  7. Lynn
  8. Conn

Mauga is one of the guys that's been mentioned a few times by his teammates as a guy who could have a coming-out year. I believe Henrich was the first one I heard mention Va as a guy to watch in his chat with Sean Callahan. He's got plenty of speed and athleticism, just sounds like he was swimming in it mentally last year and is catching on to the system.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Mauga is one of the guys that's been mentioned a few times by his teammates as a guy who could have a coming-out year. I believe Henrich was the first one I heard mention Va as a guy to watch in his chat with Sean Callahan. He's got plenty of speed and athleticism, just sounds like he was swimming in it mentally last year and is catching on to the system.

Yeah, with Reimer out (and I think Snodgrass is limited?) his chance to break into the rotation is now. Pola-Gates and Wildeman also have big chances right now, and it might be early to call it on Conn. All the guys listed need to step up, but Va, NPG, and Wildeman  have golden opportunities this spring.

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, with Reimer out (and I think Snodgrass is limited?) his chance to break into the rotation is now. Pola-Gates and Wildeman also have big chances right now, and it might be early to call it on Conn. All the guys listed need to step up, but Va, NPG, and Wildeman  have golden opportunities this spring.

If Pola-Gates doesn't make an impact in some way other than special teams I would think that he will experience being recruited over and it will be determined that he was a bust.  For the ranking he had and all the "hype", thus far, I have to conclude that he has underperformed by a good 25%.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I've heard Conn and Lynn both haven't shown much at all. Wouldn't be surprised if they hit the portal and went to a lower level program. 

• Plus1 1
On 3/2/2022 at 2:16 PM, Husker in WI said:

2021 - 115th

2020 - 87th

2019 - 45th

2017 - 12th  

2016 -18th

2015 - 6th

They "tanked" in 2018.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, Mavric said:

To whom were you referring in this post?  When was the "up front" to which you referred?

I did try.  I Googled exactly what you told me to look for.  It wasn't there.  It still isn't there, even in the link you posted.

So perhaps some self-evaluation is in order before you throw around accusations that more appropriately apply to yourself.

2021 - 115th

2020 - 87th

2019 - 45th

2017 - 12th  

2016 -18th

2015 - 6th

They "tanked" in 2018.

see where it says "also from Outsiders"...  you know where you got your stats...  100% told you where the info was an 3 seperate occations...  ALSO, I clicked the link and it takes you right to the stats...  if you'd like I will come hold your hand and show you how to read it...   

5 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

2021 - 115th

2020 - 87th

2019 - 45th

2017 - 12th  

2016 -18th

2015 - 6th

They "tanked" in 2018.

see where it says "also from Outsiders"...  you know where you got your stats...  100% told you where the info was an 3 seperate occations...  ALSO, I clicked the link and it takes you right to the stats...  if you'd like I will come hold your hand and show you how to read it...   

So you didn't read any of my post and just keep repeating the same things we've showed you aren't saying what you're saying they are saying.  

Good times.

• Plus1 2