What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

8 minutes ago, Farms said:

Unfortunately I’m not sure Frost is the right guy in this new era. He hates NIL and what it’s going to do to football. He just wants to build his team the old fashioned way and then go pluck a few guys from the portal to help. It wouldn’t surprise me if we had a s#!tty season if he takes his money and walks even if he’s not forced to. Might see some more college coaches head for the NFL if given the opportunity too.

Yeah I just can’t even fathom that we literally had two former Nebraska players at the forefront of this and NU doesn’t have a collective the size of Tennessee or TAMU or Miami.

We’re JUST NOW opening up general fan donations to this on top of what the boosters are pooling together. And apparently there’s “no money” after we just went through one of the biggest bull markets in history. We can’t even put a good enough deal together to get a legacy kid in Dylan Raiola- Meanwhile Tennessee is paying 5* QBs with no connection to the school from California $8M while also planning for a total stadium renovation on top of it. TAMU signs 8 top 100 defensive lineman in ONE CLASS and we’re taking visits from a DT that had a half a sack in 4 years lmao 

Gerrod Lambrecht (and his boy HCSF) are complete and total clowns.

• Plus1 3
30 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

There’s a pretty big difference in the college bonding out $100M in a low interest rate environment to build a facility and tying up the majority of your donor capital in that.

And I’m not even saying it’s true. “If this is the case”

frankly I don’t think NU and our donors have the balls to play in the big boy NIL section. Which is yet another strike against us moving forward in trying to regain some semblance of relevance.

A message board post b!tch!ng about other people's money....and calling them out for it.

Perfect.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

57 minutes ago, TheSker said:

A message board post b!tch!ng about other people's money....and calling them out for it.

Perfect.

NU could add  a couple of bucks to licensed merch.  Add .50 to orders at the stadium.  Charge $/year to post here.  Give the proceeds to NIL.  Do a huge fan NIL drive...Just some thoughts.

1 hour ago, lo country said:

NU could add  a couple of bucks to licensed merch.  Add .50 to orders at the stadium.  Charge $/year to post here.  Give the proceeds to NIL.  Do a huge fan NIL drive...Just some thoughts.

Most of what you said isn’t doable because the money doesn’t come from UNL it has to come directly from boosters. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Most of what you said isn’t doable because the money doesn’t come from UNL it has to come directly from boosters. 

Which in a way does not really make sense to me because didn’t this all start because the Universities were selling #7 jerseys but the star QB that was wearing the number and actually generating the sale wasn’t getting any money? It seems like all of this would of been way easier if they would have just let the universities do it and make it regulated. Like the university could give 20% of profit from any player jersey sales or T-shirts with x players name on it. 

2 hours ago, not me said:

The boosters wanting to keep Frost more than win also struck a big blow to my hopes that we will ever be relevant again. They definitely want the gold old days back more than they want to do what it takes to compete now.

Hunter49, is that you?  Another amazing take.  :blink:

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

With the deadline tomorrow, I'm very surprised we haven't seen a few more players leaving.  The way I understand it, we are right at 85 and are trying to get some more transfers in.  So, if someone leaves after this weekend, they aren't eligible to play this season, correct?

Deadline is Sunday May 1st.

Don't know if that means they have to be in by midnight April 30th or midnight May 1st.