What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

1 hour ago, dchris121 said:

I'm not saying walk-ons would be denied NIL rights, but can we pull scholarships to walk-ons once they have been given them. I thought I read somewhere that once your given a B10 scholarship it can't be taken away. 

The scholarships for athletes recruited are guaranteed per the ruled of the Big 10. Walk ons can be given semester scholarships that are renewed each semester at the team's discretion.  

4 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Color me shocked. Hope he loves going nowhere with his talent. Oregon a decent place to go if you are very talented, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they can develop well at all. 

That's a little harsh. We haven't done anything to indicate we can develop well either, and he's following the coach he had here. If our head coach had his way, the guy developing him at Oregon would still be the one developing him here. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Color me shocked. Hope he loves going nowhere with his talent. Oregon a decent place to go if you are very talented, but I haven't seen anything to indicate they can develop well at all. 

He is going there to work with the same line coach he has been with- obviously feels he has been developed.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

That's a little harsh. We haven't done anything to indicate we can develop well either, and he's following the coach he had here. If our head coach had his way, the guy developing him at Oregon would still be the one developing him here. 

You beat me to it lol

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

In this case "development" is a circular debate.  I've heard the players liked Coach T so this is mostly a no brainer for Roger's.

Apparently Coach T still struggles on the recruiting trail though if this is his best method of getting players.

From what I understand Frost didn't exactly beg Coach T not to go.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I was mostly talking culture. Imo Oregon has a “Riley-esque” culture, which doesn’t lend itself churning out studs from those that weren’t studs to start. Doesn’t matter who the coach is if the program is all ice cream and sprinkles. 

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

In this case "development" is a circular debate.  I've heard the players liked Coach T so this is mostly a no brainer for Roger's.

Apparently Coach T still struggles on the recruiting trail though if this is his best method of getting players.

From what I understand Frost didn't exactly beg Coach T not to go.

He got there at the end of December?  How is this a slam on his recruiting by taking an experienced portal player that he has already been coaching?

I could care less about him but that's a bad take.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Decked said:

Tuioti is just a sober Keith Williams. Good on field coach. Terrible recruiter. Always got left in the dark with the big fish. Players he got here are meh. It was a probable best move for both parties to move on. 

As far as recruiting for us is concerned, I would agree.

I would give Tuioti a little benefit-of-the-doubt in that most of his connections are West Coach/Poly kids who are very hard to attract to Nebraska.  I could see him having more success at Oregon.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

He got there at the end of December?  How is this a slam on his recruiting by taking an experienced portal player that he has already been coaching?

I could care less about him but that's a bad take.

Speaking of bad takes, how would that compare to Mickey Joseph or Mark Whipple?

......to keep bad takes close to to home.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

I was mostly talking culture. Imo Oregon has a “Riley-esque” culture, which doesn’t lend itself churning out studs from those that weren’t studs to start. Doesn’t matter who the coach is if the program is all ice cream and sprinkles. 

Apparently it lends itself to churning out winning teams though. I'd trade their record for HCSF's.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

You do realize there are 2 FBS football schools in the state of Oregon?  One has double digit victories in 10 of the past 20 seasons.  The other employs Mike Riley whenever he needs a job.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1