What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

21 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Still at 88 with 2 weeks until camp...

Are there any recruits who haven't made it to campus yet?

Will they toss Nouili off scholly for 1 year?

Are any scholarships subject to availability limits. It seems likely they have some plans.  They gave em out with numbers in mind.  The medical hardships could be a factor.  With NIl $, there should be funds for em all one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Still at 88 with 2 weeks until camp...

Are there any recruits who haven't made it to campus yet?

Will they toss Nouili off scholly for 1 year?

I am a little surprised that there were a couple more leave after the spring semester.  Stepp, Johnson, Lynn, Hardy, Grimes, Conn plus another QB or RB would not have been surprising.

I believe all the newcomers are here at this point.

I think there are plenty of candidates to leave, but it's kind of odd at this point.  It's not like you can get a few more practices in and see where you are. 

Not sure if they can yank Nouili's scholarship or not.  I suppose it's possible.

• Plus1 1

While it might seem like a concerning situation from the outside, I can tell you that there are zero worries on NU’s end. Head coach Scott Frost and his staff already have a plan to get down to 85, including some potentially unique routes that might not be publicly shared.

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/the-3-2-1-getting-down-to-85-nus-running-back-drought-and-predicting-a-new-commit/

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

I forgot all about "Mr Showtime". He was supposed to be the best safety in his class. 

How is he such a bust that he couldn't get any stats? Even on special teams? Dude got on the field at Ohio State but can't sniff a punt defense here?

I thought I read once that he's very timid tackling.  If so, that's not usually good for a safety.

On 7/12/2022 at 2:55 PM, Red Five said:

Stepp out.  Guessing he just finished the 2nd summer term and has the credits needed to graduate.

Down to 87

Stepp never really got it going. It almost seemed like he was timid running through holes. Just a guess. 

5 hours ago, mwj98 said:

Stepp never really got it going. It almost seemed like he was timid running through holes. Just a guess. 

What are those? Did our line make many of them last year? :facepalm:

I think you have a point, I also think Held & Co. had their own ideas and kept trying to force their own players into the spotlight when they were clearly not the best option. It always frustrated me (and presumably the players) how the coaches tended to throw the smallest backs into the teeth of a defense in short yardage situations. And too often a player would have a good series then not be seen again for 2-3 possessions. Hard to develop flow if they only have one or two series a half.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1