What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Exactly!  How hard would it be to just say "hey, if a kid is playing his/her 5th year, he doesn't count towards the limit."

Seems pretty simple to me.

To me it hinders the lesser kids the ncaa is trying to protect.  Less talented players aren’t being reached for by bigger programs and the kids they did reach for are often being forced out of their scholarships 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The way I understand it (and I am open to being corrected) is that the over signing by three pertains to the 25 per year.  So, we could sign 28. Then, the total has to be down to 85 by August.

Yeah, as @SouthLincoln Husker said, the +3 is what the B1G allows teams to over-sign.  The NCAA allows a signing class of 25 plus 7 transfers.

Most teams are fine for the spring semester because some players leave and a lot of the high school kids aren't there yet.  They just have to be back down to 85 by August.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, as @SouthLincoln Husker said, the +3 is what the B1G allows teams to over-sign.  The NCAA allows a signing class of 25 plus 7 transfers.

Most teams are fine for the spring semester because some players leave and a lot of the high school kids aren't there yet.  They just have to be back down to 85 by August.

Big10 is 88 by end of February signing period. There has been changes in annual recruits, but not on totals.

1 hour ago, theknife said:

Rumor is he is going out on medical hardship, but I have yet to see it reported.

Hope so...I really do

43 minutes ago, Toe said:

Might wanna re-read that tweet.

I read it just fine. Doesn't change the fact the one that blew the MSU game isn't worth his scholarship 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Treand3 said:

Hope so...I really do

I read it just fine. Doesn't change the fact the one that blew the MSU game isn't worth his scholarship 

Cerni was the one who punted the wrong way on that ill fated return.  Not Przystup.  Przystup got benched for shanking one earlier in the game.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/it-cost-us-the-game-punt-right-proves-to-be-punt-wrong-on-a-forgettable/article_f95480fe-6dba-59ce-b253-dc09a17f9d4c.html

11 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Cerni was the one who punted the wrong way on that ill fated return.  Not Przystup.  Przystup got benched for shanking one earlier in the game.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/it-cost-us-the-game-punt-right-proves-to-be-punt-wrong-on-a-forgettable/article_f95480fe-6dba-59ce-b253-dc09a17f9d4c.html

That’s EXACTLY what he is saying. The OTHER punter is not worth his scholarship…

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1