What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

36 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Tells me he figured out what was being done for Mathis and is saying wtf mate, show me the money too. Its like going into your boss's office with another job offer on the table and asking what are you willing to do to keep me? 

I was gonna come on here to say he's leaving cause we're landing Mathis babbyyyyyyyyyy

would suck to see rodgers dip, if it does happen, but lets be real, he's nowhere near the caliber of player Ochaun is

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Anyone else hearing that Ty Robinson might be the next one gone to the portal?

Sharp and Benning hinted at that this morning.  They said there were rumors of someone else "important" from the "same position group" as Rogers hitting the portal.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Rogers is a smart kid (academic honors) and is graduating with a degree.  I think he even had an offer from Vanderbilt out of HS.  He's from the East Coast.  I totally understand him looking at all options.  It sucks for the DL, but he did give 4 years to Lincoln.  If he returns to the Huskers great!  If he finds a new home, I wish him the best. 

But I also agree that our DL needs some more bodies from the portal, now more than ever. I don't see enough depth upfront (or rotation) to handle a big ten conference that is heavy on the run game.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

46 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sharp and Benning hinted at that this morning.  They said there were rumors of someone else "important" from the "same position group" as Rogers hitting the portal.

Maybe it's all coordinated with Frost and coaches, or at least folks in Admin.

As @Farms mentioned, boosters are forking over money to get kids here.  What are they doing for the kids that are here?  Especially the kids NU doesn't want to lose.

Maybe this is a notice from the football dept that screams, "hey! take care of our kids or they could leave!"

wishful thinking, I guess...

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
42 minutes ago, Decked said:

Jfc 

If that happened Frost might as well save himself the embarrassment and take an early buyout.  We might want to consider going back to a hurry up offense because the only way we'd survive the season is try to make every game a shootout like he did at UCF. I may hold off a bit longer before booking my tickets for Ireland...

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Maybe it's all coordinated with Frost and coaches, or at least folks in Admin.

As @Farms mentioned, boosters are forking over money to get kids here.  What are they doing for the kids that are here?  Especially the kids NU doesn't want to lose.

Maybe this is a notice from the football dept that screams, "hey! take care of our kids or they could leave!"

wishful thinking, I guess...

Ohio State literally has a collective that everyone and their dog can donate to for basketball and football. I think we JUST started something like it, but we're playing catch up regardless. Think about the numbers that could be generated. 

I wish I had a lot to give, but I don't. As a fanbase, we need to pony up and put our money where our mouths are. Do we want to be back or not?

Cough it up, Husker Nation!

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Ohio State literally has a collective that everyone and their dog can donate to for basketball and football. I think we JUST started something like it, but we're playing catch up regardless. Think about the numbers that could be generated. 

I wish I had a lot to give, but I don't. As a fanbase, we need to pony up and put our money where our mouths are. Do we want to be back or not?

Cough it up, Husker Nation!

Yea it's something like, find 50 guys to give $5k and hope it grows, it's peanuts.  Lots of other programs that have HUGE corporate boosters backing them.  They are going to be at such a huge advantage.  Of course Nebraska is home to one of the richest dudes on the planet but he's more interested in donating millions to charities not paying for a football team..

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
20 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yea it's something like, find 50 guys to give $5k and hope it grows, it's peanuts.  Lots of other programs that have HUGE corporate boosters backing them.  They are going to be at such a huge advantage.  Of course Nebraska is home to one of the richest dudes on the planet but he's more interested in donating millions to charities not paying for a football team..

Part of this is that UNL has SOOOOOOO many fundraising projects happening right now. NIL could not have come at a worse time in terms of fundraising. We have the new athletic facilities they are raising for to name a few... Feedlot Innovation center, New Agriculture Facilities, UNMC Project Next,  a billion dollar comprehensive campaign to double endowment, there are more. And that is just the University system. Creighton has its own. There are even more across the state. I don't know who they think will pony up NIL when they have so many other demands. 

• Plus1 1