What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

6 hours ago, macroboy said:

The losing had started making fans say dumb things. This thread is exhibit A….actually is probably exhibit M or N but it is evidence for sure.

Actually, since Trev announced that Frost is getting another year, many are so demoralized that they lost hope. What you see is boredom setting in. The bye week does not help either. Things will get interesting again after the Wisconsin game, win or lose.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Actually, since Trev announced that Frost is getting another year, many are so demoralized that they lost hope. What you see is boredom setting in. The bye week does not help either. Things will get interesting again after the Wisconsin game, win or lose.

That’s a pretty fair point

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Morrison confirmed gone.

I figured he'd be the one to leave. I'll be honest, I was never impressed with him once he got here. I hate his running style, bad hips, choppy footwork, and body type. They tried to get him going through experience but he lacked a lot of things to be good. I also never understood why so many fans thought he was the best RB on deck. He was 4th to 5th at best. Sorry to rail on the kid but since he's gone, I wanted to share that. He wasn't going to last. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I figured he'd be the one to leave. I'll be honest, I was never impressed with him once he got here. I hate his running style, bad hips, choppy footwork, and body type. They tried to get him going through experience but he lacked a lot of things to be good. I also never understood why so many fans thought he was the best RB on deck. He was 4th to 5th at best. Sorry to rail on the kid but since he's gone, I wanted to share that. He wasn't going to last. 

Hard for me to take away anything from a Freshman with 30 total carries, really no point in railing on him for that sample size. Rex and Ameer looked pedestrian when they were toting the rock as freshman as well. There is a lot of talent in our RB room, definitely a room where we can afford a transfer. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
27 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Thanks for the analysis. This is where coaching and development comes into play, and the primary reason I thought Held should go. I'll admit I had seriously high hopes for him, as you don't run for the amount of yards he did in high school without knowing how to find and hit the hole and avoid shoestring tackles. As we all know though, an amazing offensive line can make an average back look great. If your analysis would be correct, we probably should have recruited his Oline instead. 

That being said, it is unfortunate as he is still just a freshman and I don't think any back has established a firm hold on the #1 spot. He could have easily stuck around, bettered himself, and fought it out with the new coaching staff. If his first instinct when faced with adversity is to tuck tail and run, I wish him luck as he probably isn't a culture fit for the team, or the fans. Part of what made Ziggy a great story and a fan favorite is he stuck around, did the work and reaped the benefits of it. He's got an NFL job because of that attitude. Greg Bell, Braylon Heard, and Aaron Green among other previous transfers do not. 

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Hard for me to take away anything from a Freshman with 30 total carries, really no point in railing on him for that sample size. Rex and Ameer looked pedestrian when they were toting the rock as freshman as well. There is a lot of talent in our RB room, definitely a room where we can afford a transfer. 

I hear you but I wholeheartedly  disagree. Ameer and Rex were the real deal right away. So much so that they scared off 5 star talent. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I hear you but I wholeheartedly  disagree. Ameer and Rex were the real deal right away. So much so that they scared off 5 star talent. 

Ameer still had to wait his turn to be "the guy" until Helu was out and Rex until a Ameer was done. They stuck around, worked their tails off and earned their spot. Unfortunately, probably won't be seeing much of that in College ball any more. 

4 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Winners win. Ameer looked great, but had some ball handling snafu’s. Rex was behind Helu and almost eclipsed 1000 yards - to go along with both Helu and T-Magic. 

54 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

He was a Tulsa World all state player as a senior. I'm sad to see it didn't work out for him.  Great kid also.  

Now Frost and his new OC can go after that available 5 star RB now that there is room.  I'm sure that is what was holding Frost back. :sarcasm

12 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Thanks for the analysis. This is where coaching and development comes into play, and the primary reason I thought Held should go. I'll admit I had seriously high hopes for him, as you don't run for the amount of yards he did in high school without knowing how to find and hit the hole and avoid shoestring tackles. As we all know though, an amazing offensive line can make an average back look great. If your analysis would be correct, we probably should have recruited his Oline instead. 

That being said, it is unfortunate as he is still just a freshman and I don't think any back has established a firm hold on the #1 spot. He could have easily stuck around, bettered himself, and fought it out with the new coaching staff. If his first instinct when faced with adversity is to tuck tail and run, I wish him luck as he probably isn't a culture fit for the team, or the fans. Part of what made Ziggy a great story and a fan favorite is he stuck around, did the work and reaped the benefits of it. He's got an NFL job because of that attitude. Greg Bell, Braylon Heard, and Aaron Green among other previous transfers do not. 

I do think he would have benefitted from a new coach, as I believe all our running backs will. I will say though, we needed someone to leave from that room. There is a guy who deserves to play and that's Marvin Scott. I have been consistent in promoting him because he just does what's asked of him. He is steady and capable. Give me the non flashy 4 to 5 yards a run over the hope that one guy explodes onto the scene. And if you have that guy, he can't be sloppy and tripping all over himself.