What Players Leave After The Season?

BIG ERN

If you're not seeing the field on a 3-9 team, what's the reason for that? And why would a better team want you? 

I know there are a lot of reasons, but that is the first thought that comes to mind with everybody who leaves. I'm more happy to assume every player coming in was unjustly over-looked on a too-deep roster and will be an upgrade over whoever we recruited and groomed for the job. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently the May 1 deadline was a new deal this year.  But since May 1 fell on a Sunday players still have today to get their name in the portal and still be immediately eligible this fall.

Also, once a player notifies the school he'd like to be in the portal the school has two days to actually file.  So there could still be some more names today and maybe another day or two.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Apparently the May 1 deadline was a new deal this year.  But since May 1 fell on a Sunday players still have today to get their name in the portal and still be immediately eligible this fall.

Also, once a player notifies the school he'd like to be in the portal the school has two days to actually file.  So there could still be some more names today and maybe another day or two.

If you follow the roster turnover anyway we are now at I believe 84 guys with Mathis. Drew appears to be target #1 to get to 85. The way offers have come it makes you seriously doubt they are only getting Drew and being done. I think they have two more spots left. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Decked said:

If you follow the roster turnover anyway we are now at I believe 84 guys with Mathis. Drew appears to be target #1 to get to 85. The way offers have come it makes you seriously doubt they are only getting Drew and being done. I think they have two more spots left. 

Yeah, I'm a little surprised there haven't been a couple more guys say they're transferring.  I guess there still could be today.

I also think we'd probably take two DL if we can get them.

13 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Why would walkons be denied NIL rights?   

I'm not saying walk-ons would be denied NIL rights, but can we pull scholarships to walk-ons once they have been given them. I thought I read somewhere that once your given a B10 scholarship it can't be taken away.