Huskers vs Maryland

Mavric

10 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

I personally feel the whole thing is nonsense. Again, that’s my opinion and I realize it’s one not shared by everyone. The difference is, I respect their opinion and the right to have it. BUT……people come to a very conservative area of the country and do that, there is going to be pushback. It’s simply inevitable.  

I would like someone to simply ask the girls who were kneeling, what exactly they are kneeling for?  I really wonder if they could tell you. 

I don’t know if anyone has followed this on FB where the university administration is falling all over themselves apologizing, but the consensus, by a very large majority is not supporting the administration’s stance. 

And still it begs the question to me, WHY were our girls in tears?  I really just cannot fathom why. 

Here is a bit on why the girls are kneeling during the anthem.  https://umterps.com/news/2021/9/1/volleyball-blocking-out-the-hate-maryland-volleyball-leads-the-charge-on-social-justice.aspx

As far as our girls in tears, I think it would be tough for them to hear fans in the crowd for a University and state that they are choosing to represent booing and calling their fellow competitors "pieces of trash".  I think that Cook teaches his players to respect your opponent, and considering the youth volleyball circuit these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some of NU's volleyball players personally know some of the girls being booed.  What kind of response would you expect from NU's players?  They were upset at the fans' reactions.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Here is a bit on why the girls are kneeling during the anthem.  https://umterps.com/news/2021/9/1/volleyball-blocking-out-the-hate-maryland-volleyball-leads-the-charge-on-social-justice.aspx

As far as our girls in tears, I think it would be tough for them to hear fans in the crowd for a University and state that they are choosing to represent booing and calling their fellow competitors "pieces of trash".  I think that Cook teaches his players to respect your opponent, and considering the youth volleyball circuit these days, I wouldn't be surprised if some of NU's volleyball players personally know some of the girls being booed.  What kind of response would you expect from NU's players?  They were upset at the fans' reactions.

Alright then, if they’re still using the George Floyd thing I’m just going to exit this conversation. 

Although, if the fans really did call them “pieces of trash” then that was out of line. 

• Plus1 4
Just now, 3rd and long said:

Alright then, if they’re still using the George Floyd thing I’m just going to exit this conversation. 

Although, if the fans really did call them “pieces of trash” then that was out of line. 

Why does it matter to you what is driving their cause? 

Multiple people said NU fans called them "pieces of trash".

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why does it matter to you what is driving their cause? 

Multiple people said NU fans called them "pieces of trash".

No thanks, not getting into that discussion.

Fans shouldn’t have been derogatory to the girls, no excuse for that. Well within their rights though to holler for them to stand. 

You‘ll never be able to explain to me (in a manner that makes sense to me, probably would to others) though about the reaction of our team. 

Overall though, Iwould agree, sure a poor look for our fan base.