Envy

Alvarez left Nebraska and modeled Wisconsin after Nebraska. He moved on from coaching into the AD role, but kept that model and every coach that stepped into the HC role at Wisconsin was expected to carry on that model. Now, about 30 years later, that model is still working well for Wisconsin. It's time now for Nebraska to adopt the Wisconsin model. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Isn't this the usual story with Wisconsin?  They're trash early in the year, and then by the time we play them they're playing their best ball.

Seems like I've seen this movie before.

I feel like this is the case with most of the B1G. They all seem to play a brand of football that is weaponized mediocrity. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Alvarez left Nebraska and modeled Wisconsin after Nebraska. He moved on from coaching into the AD role, but kept that model and every coach that stepped into the HC role at Wisconsin was expected to carry on that model. Now, about 30 years later, that model is still working well for Wisconsin. It's time now for Nebraska to adopt the Wisconsin model. 

be very very careful.  They gonna ban you for that.  

• Fire 1
55 minutes ago, Fru said:

I feel like this is the case with most of the B1G. They all seem to play a brand of football that is weaponized mediocrity. 

With a ceiling of division champs and a 14 point loss in the conference championship. As consistent as Wisconsin or Iowa is, they will never sniff a natty and will almost never win the conference. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

With a ceiling of division champs and a 14 point loss in the conference championship. As consistent as Wisconsin or Iowa is, they will never sniff a natty and will almost never win the conference. 

Wisconsin would have qualified for a 12 team playoff 3x in the last 6 years and were within a TD or winning the conf twice. They aren’t Ohio St but they’ve positioned themselves nicely. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Wisconsin would have qualified for a 12 team playoff 3x in the last 6 years and were within a TD or winning the conf twice. They aren’t Ohio St but they’ve positioned themselves nicely. 

I understand but they’re starting to dip. They’ve been pretty irrelevant from the national stage and now they’ve been outshined by the likes of Iowa and northwestern. I think they’re closer to the middle of the pack than they are to national relevancy. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I understand but they’re starting to dip. They’ve been pretty irrelevant from the national stage and now they’ve been outshined by the likes of Iowa and northwestern. I think they’re closer to the middle of the pack than they are to national relevancy. 

Man, I want to agree because I hate them but they have a decent shot at top 15 and a rose bowl this year. They also have a freshman AA at running back. I think they’re positioned much better then anyone else in the West for the foreseeable future, and have a punchers chance at a playoff bid when it expands. 

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Man, I want to agree because I hate them but they have a decent shot at top 15 and a rose bowl this year. They also have a freshman AA at running back. I think they’re positioned much better then anyone else in the West for the foreseeable future, and have a punchers chance at a playoff bid when it expands. 

Maybe my thinking is a bit wishful, but I do hate them. I hate them more than Iowa. 

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic