Some stats for a 3-7 team

knapplc

19 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Do they have anything that shows how much time Martinez gets? Standard is the QB should be getting the ball released at about 2.5 seconds. If the defense is getting there at or before then its on the OL. If the OL is giving him that much time and Martinez is not getting it out by then it's on him. 

Just spit ballin’ here but I would guess that PFF’s ratings of OL take these things into account. Their ratings would be pretty worthless if they didn’t.

And I would add, since opponents are getting so much pressure without blitzing, Martinez is going to have a tougher time finding open receivers to get rid of the ball. So the arbitrary 2.5 seconds doesn’t mean as much.

• Plus1 6
5 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

This is one of the reasons I don't hammer on AM as much.  BUT, I am not saying he wouldn't have his issues of he was behind one of the best lines, but it is interesting to think about what could be without the trainwreck of an OL we have.

He'd prolly be a 2nd team all Big10 QB for a team that is sitting ranked in the top 15 at 8-2 with big games against wisconsin and iowa on tap in the next 9 days.  Talent is there on the o line, the coaching has been a sad sorry excuse... There was some poster a couple weeks back that dropped a link of frosty saying he brought in some ex players and they diagnosed and fixed jurgens snapping issue in 5 mins- where tf was austin on this for the past few years?

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If the defense is getting there at or before then its on the OL. If the OL is giving him that much time and Martinez is not getting it out by then it's on him. 

Or it's on the coaching staff continuously calling 4 or 5 receiver route trees all downfield that take too long to develop.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Do they have anything that shows how much time Martinez gets? Standard is the QB should be getting the ball released at about 2.5 seconds. If the defense is getting there at or before then its on the OL. If the OL is giving him that much time and Martinez is not getting it out by then it's on him. 

2.5 seconds when being blitzed. This would be 2.5 seconds with a 4 man rush- that means there is an extra defender back making it harder for receivers to get open too. 

• Plus1 2

I saw a post on Twitter after the Wisconsin game which showed that Nebraska has only led for ~10% of the game time in the 8 losses this year.  The game which NU led the most was Purdue.  For all of the talk that NU is "so close" to having a much better record, IMO this shows me that NU isn't as close as most fans think.  Consistently playing from behind is not a good recipe for success.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Has anyone ever considered you are what your record says you are?

There's a number of coaches out there that would likely come in and win 10 games next season.

But since we made the "right call" in saving a couple bucks, we'll most likely be stuck debating whether or not 5 wins next year will be enough for Frost to get a 6th year.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2