Underwhelmed

I see the threads about new OC.  I listened to part of the interview HCSF gave last week.  I see stats of how close we are.  I think through the week, I just feel that underwhelmed is how I feel about the whole situation.  

I want HCSF to win.  I want him to be the guy.  Do we really think it will turn?  I want it to but,

I heard he wants to go hunting

I heard he is not arrogant, but doesn't listen to anyone, but maybe now Trev.

My expectations for the future are very low.   I am not expecting much effort in finding someone great.  If he does?  I am so sure we will have a Bob Diaco situation on O next year.  (Not saying Diaco was great, he wasn't)  I am expecting in-fighting and more issues.

Just call me underwhelmed with Husker football.  There is more excitement right now with Kansas football.  Here we sit....

I was also underwhelmed with my post.  I put a Frost type effort into it.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but what Scott says he wants is the celebrity of being the Nebraska coach just not the minutia of earning the celebrity of being the Nebraska coach was my takeaway from his comments.  Of all the things Trev has nipping and competing for his attention, wondering if he is the smartest guy in the room when meeting with Scott isn't one of the distractors.  I've got to be honest with everyone,  I don't like our chances in winning the NCAA Football Coaches Trivial Pursuit tourney right now ....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/15/2021 at 6:56 AM, Crusader Husker said:

I see the threads about new OC.  I listened to part of the interview HCSF gave last week.  I see stats of how close we are.  I think through the week, I just feel that underwhelmed is how I feel about the whole situation.  

I want HCSF to win.  I want him to be the guy.  Do we really think it will turn?  I want it to but,

I heard he wants to go hunting

I heard he is not arrogant, but doesn't listen to anyone, but maybe now Trev.

My expectations for the future are very low.   I am not expecting much effort in finding someone great.  If he does?  I am so sure we will have a Bob Diaco situation on O next year.  (Not saying Diaco was great, he wasn't)  I am expecting in-fighting and more issues.

Just call me underwhelmed with Husker football.  There is more excitement right now with Kansas football.  Here we sit....

I was also underwhelmed with my post.  I put a Frost type effort into it.

Come on man, pick it up. :) It's Wisconsin week.  Then turkey.  Then Iowa.  

Bye weeks can be brutal for sure.  Hang in there buddy

2 hours ago, MdStine said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but what Scott says he wants is the celebrity of being the Nebraska coach just not the minutia of earning the celebrity of being the Nebraska coach was my takeaway from his comments.

I believe all of those comments are him making excuses for why he's failed to get his offense ready to play sound football this season.

I really don't believe him when he says he wants to relinquish control over the offense. Doing so just offers him a chance to make excuses.

I also think firing Lubick was a mistake. If an OC comes in here who is truly given the reins to change a ton of stuff, we run the risk of not having the system & playbook fully installed for the start of 2022...which could easily spell more unnecessary failure.

The whole situation is a clusterf*** disaster, really.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So do you guys use cheese goop from a jar or do you make your own nacho cheese for your fries?

If my wife makes it - home made.  If it is up to me to make it - goop!!  Or my homemade version that only I would appreciate.  

Knapp, I know you are the chef extraordinaire - so how do you make it ?(your home made version as I know you don't use the goop version).   

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If my wife makes it - home made.  If it is up to me to make it - goop!!  Or my homemade version that only I would appreciate.  

Knapp, I know you are the chef extraordinaire - so how do you make it ?(your home made version as I know you don't use the goop version).   

I always make a white sauce (roux, then milk) and add sharp shredded cheddar, and I usually use Louisiana Hot Sauce. A lot of recipes call for Frank's Red Hot, but I prefer this stuff. 

330225.jpg

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I always make a white sauce (roux, then milk) and add sharp shredded cheddar, and I usually use Louisiana Hot Sauce. A lot of recipes call for Frank's Red Hot, but I prefer this stuff. 

330225.jpg

I do like the white sauce idea.  We've done that before.  My wife likes to use Rotel.  Both of us can't stomach the Louisiana Hot Sauce & Rotel seems to set better wt us.  

If it is left for me to figure it out - I tend to doctor things up wt some ranch dressing thrown in - makes the spicy a bit more palatable for me. And ranch is good mixed in or I might use real mayo.  Like I said, it is a 'goop' only I could appreciate. (Explains why it is my wife who normally makes it).  Sharp cheddar is great but sometimes I like smoked gouda.  

This is a good example on how my wife does it:

https://www.agoudalife.com/easy-cheese-sauce/

And yes, we are hijacking this thread for a reason!!

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I do like the white sauce idea.  We've done that before.  My wife likes to use Rotel.  Both of us can't stomach the Louisiana Hot Sauce & Rotel seems to set better wt us.  

If it is left for me to figure it out - I tend to doctor things up wt some ranch dressing thrown in - makes the spicy a bit more palatable for me. And ranch is good mixed in or I might use real mayo.  Like I said, it is a 'goop' only I could appreciate. (Explains why it is my wife who normally makes it).  Sharp cheddar is great but sometimes I like smoked gouda.  

This is a good example on how my wife does it:

https://www.agoudalife.com/easy-cheese-sauce/

And yes, we are hijacking this thread for a reason!!

I like that the blogger recommends shredding your own cheese. They put cellulose on pre-shredded cheese to keep it from clumping in the bag. It's basically micro sawdust (wood) that is safe to eat, but it can prevent your cheese from melting properly in a sauce.

I don't like barking my knuckles on my box grater, but it's a better product. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I like that the blogger recommends shredding your own cheese. They put cellulose on pre-shredded cheese to keep it from clumping in the bag. It's basically micro sawdust (wood) that is safe to eat, but it can prevent your cheese from melting properly in a sauce.

Agreed. That is why my wife always has me grate the cheese for her.  You should see my knuckles. However, when she isn't looking......

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Most pre-shredded cheese has corn starch/powder on it to keep from sticking. I know because my wife is allergic to corn. There might be wood cellulose too but corn for sure.

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Agreed. Blocks of cheese last longer too since you can cut off any mold on the outside.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

I believe all of those comments are him making excuses for why he's failed to get his offense ready to play sound football this season.

I really don't believe him when he says he wants to relinquish control over the offense. Doing so just offers him a chance to make excuses.

I also think firing Lubick was a mistake. If an OC comes in here who is truly given the reins to change a ton of stuff, we run the risk of not having the system & playbook fully installed for the start of 2022...which could easily spell more unnecessary failure.

The whole situation is a clusterf*** disaster, really.

He keeps talking about fixing stuff he inherited and being close to having things fixed?  He inherited 19-19 in 3 year with being 15-27 results he is needing a 5th season to tie the win total of the problem he claims he is fixing?  I will double down with Frost had to be told to nuke his offense coaching staff, he lacked the capacity to have the thought originally.  If Scott is under the impression losing by single digits rather than double digits is the fix then give me 19 wins and 19 double digit losses with some bowl appearances over 15 wins and 27 single digit losses to the likes of the Illini and not being able to qualifying for the Summers Eve douche Bowl game.    

Alberts had to be thinking "Mother-@#$%er" we rehearsed this and you decide to go free style with wanting to go hunting and shaking hands?

I wonder how much of this whole process was influenced by buy-out money?

If things continue to go south (which I believe is the by far the most likely outcome) then it will save NU/Donors millions of dollars in a year or two when they finally axe Frost.

If things do turn around then all is well and Trev looks like a genius.

• Plus1 1

I think the whole decision is this and not necessarily  in this order:

-Trying to reduce the buyout

-Trev has only been here a few months and he wants it known that he is in charge.  (I think there are boosters who wanted HCSF fired.)  Also I think he wants time to see if he can make a difference.

-He is worried about a fractured fanbase.  There are fans that believe he needs 5+ years.

• Plus1 1