Jump to content


Chinander Nominated for the Broyles Award


Recommended Posts


I wanted him fired after last season. He can't coach.   That was sarcasm. 

 

At some point I will stop beating this drum, but I think Frost is the same way.  I am happy for the extension because things take time. I wish the offense would have taken the same leap but I truly believe it will next year as the O line snags another year of strength and development.  I also am not worried about the D losing a few guys because I do think Chinander is that good.  Obviously, just hope he stays because he and Frosty will be super fun to watch in 2-3 years.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

That all begs the question......  Who would be the better HC - he or Frost?  It makes the miscues/lack of development by the O side coaching so much more glaring. 

Glad he was nominated.  Well deserved and some great positive news for once.  I would venture to guess that his nomination is the first for a 3-7 team.  

 

I would think that a new OC would have some added security knowing they are coming here with such a reliable DC coaching the other side of the ball.  

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

That all begs the question......  Who would be the better HC - he or Frost?  It makes the miscues/lack of development by the O side coaching so much more glaring. 

Glad he was nominated.  Well deserved and some great positive news for once.  I would venture to guess that his nomination is the first for a 3-7 team.  

 

I would think that a new OC would have some added security knowing they are coming here with such a reliable DC coaching the other side of the ball.  

Let's hope we can use this to our benefit and bring in some recruits on that side of the ball

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Let's hope we can use this to our benefit and bring in some recruits on that side of the ball

For sure.  If defense wins championships, we may need all of the good recruits we can find on the D side to get us there.   I do hope, Frost brings in a solid OC and that he can fix the O side.  This D with respectable O and ST play could finally make us a force in the West Division. 

Link to comment

Good for him but may be bad for Nebraska.  I was honestly hoping he would stay out of the headlines.  Too many programs are looking for head coaches right now.  The chain reactions that take place over the next 6 weeks will be a circus and any assistant that has performed well this year will be looked at to fill some of the openings created.  I would be very surprised if he doesn't receive offers.  I think he would have to seriously consider anything reasonable given the situation.  He is losing some studs on defense and he will be looking at a lot of additional pressure next year since Frost's job will really be on the line. 

 

Fair chance we are hiring an entire new staff in a few weeks.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Good for him but may be bad for Nebraska.  I was honestly hoping he would stay out of the headlines.  Too many programs are looking for head coaches right now.  The chain reactions that take place over the next 6 weeks will be a circus and any assistant that has performed well this year will be looked at to fill some of the openings created.  I would be very surprised if he doesn't receive offers.  I think he would have to seriously consider anything reasonable given the situation.  He is losing some studs on defense and he will be looking at a lot of additional pressure next year since Frost's job will really be on the line. 

 

Fair chance we are hiring an entire new staff in a few weeks.

 

I'm more concerned he'll take a lateral for an SEC school that offers more money. Think Florida is the biggest fear in that regard.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, SECHusker said:

 

I'm more concerned he'll take a lateral for an SEC school that offers more money. Think Florida is the biggest fear in that regard.

Same.  Or DC at LSU, Miami, Texas, USC

 

We might want to pony up after the season.  And make Chins title DC/Associate HC.

 

Regardless I am proud of the progress over the years and how the Blackshirts have mostly played.  Chins has gone through a lot, and I'm glad he's here.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but...

As pleased as I am for Chinander's success, is anybody else concerned how well the defense will hold up after loss of all the Super Seniors on that side of the ball? I'm wondering how much of that success is due to the experience on the field and not sure how we have been doing at recruiting/developing/retaining the next guys up.  With all of the focus on the offensive side of the equation, I just don't think we can necessarily take the defensive side for granted next year.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...