Frost and AM talking about 2022

lo country

I saw a link on the Journal, but its subscription only.  Said that Frost and AM have been talking about his future in 2022 “for a long time,” and “we’ll figure that out in about nine days.”......Unable to read more than the teaser.  Anyone hear/read anything?  Thoughts? 

This is all I found from Hail Varsity

>> Has Frost had any conversations with Adrian Martinez about the quarterback returning for another season in 2022? Those conversations have been happening quite a bit, Frost said, but no decision has been made yet.

“I want what’s best for him obviously. He’s poured a lot into this, I believe in him so much. I see him every day and I believe in him,” Frost said. “I think we can still get a lot better around him. Obviously, if he’s back, he’s going to have a new coach and some new ideas. We’ll figure that out in about nine days.”

To the "better around him"....Better coaches/talent/OL......

Will we know about AM and/or staff in 9 days?

24 minutes ago, lo country said:

I saw a link on the Journal, but its subscription only.  Said that Frost and AM have been talking about his future in 2022 “for a long time,” and “we’ll figure that out in about nine days.”......Unable to read more than the teaser.  Anyone hear/read anything?  Thoughts? 

>> Has Frost had any conversations with Adrian Martinez about the quarterback returning for another season in 2022? Those conversations have been happening quite a bit, Frost said, but no decision has been made yet.

“I want what’s best for him obviously. He’s poured a lot into this, I believe in him so much. I see him every day and I believe in him,” Frost said. “I think we can still get a lot better around him. Obviously, if he’s back, he’s going to have a new coach and some new ideas. We’ll figure that out in about nine days.”

Very good chance Martinez is back next season.

How much more obvious can it be Frost wasn't happy with Verduzco, Austin and OL play?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Very good chance Martinez is back next season.

How much more obvious can it be Frost wasn't happy with Verduzco, Austin and OL play?

Unsure about AM being back, BUT the "I think we can get a lot  better around him" was a direct slam on the entire O staff. They were less than average at best....And all should have been let go after 2019.....(not Beckton)

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, lo country said:

This makes perfect sense from the way that Frost and AM need to look at it.  These guys are married at the hip and are ONE.

If the problem has been "better coaches/talent/OL" for Frost/AM, that would be just fascinating on Frost's end since he was the one who compiled all of it [including AM].  In any event, I could "imagine" a really successful 2022 for Frost/AM with the schedule and a few tweaks along with AM just getting back to his strengths with minimal mistakes and improvement elsewhere and an easy schedule.  I'm all for it. 

I don't believe it or receive it but I would take that as an outcome.  I don't see any QB on the roster or in the country that will come in and outperform what AM could/would/should probably do.  If the right piece come to the OL to move Corcoran to Guard and the RB spot can produce a Breece Hall type runner next year ... sure. 

But again, that is all a pipedream from my eyeball.  To me, it's like Andy Dupresne talking about "hope" in Shawshank Redemption ... "it's just a BS word"!  Ha ha.

In any event, if that is what these two are conspiring/believing that my belief is that the Frost Effect will produce AM as his OC in 2023.  That would make perfect sense!  Ha ha.

Adrian Martinez has been good enough to win a lot more games.  Scott is right, Nebraska could be a heck of a lot better around him.  However, Adrian does have an uncanny ability to choke when under the pressure of a close game.  If I'm Scott, I try like hell to bring him back, for obvious depth reasons, and I try to bring in the best transfer QB I can find. 

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

AM is a tough athlete that should have a chance to come back.  If he transfers he will be with new coaches anyway might as well do it where the Head Coach wants you and has shown faith in you. Without knowing who the new staff will be I can't imagine a better option that will be in the transfer portal for the 2022 season.  Yes, there might be some that have a ton of future potential, but Frost can't bet on that he has to be all in for 2022.

• Plus1 1