Rumored coaching jobs and salaries....

lo country

Mel Tucker has a career record of 16-13 as a head coach. Nine of those wins came this year. 

Two of those wins are against Nebraska. 

I don't care who has how much money, giving that guy that amount of money is insane. 

If Tucker is there in the next five years, great. But if not they're giving tens of millions of guaranteed money to a coach who had one good year.

Sound familiar?

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Mel Tucker has a career record of 16-13 as a head coach. Nine of those wins came this year. 

Two of those wins are against Nebraska. 

I don't care who has how much money, giving that guy that amount of money is insane. 

If Tucker is there in the next five years, great. But if not they're giving tens of millions of guaranteed money to a coach who had one good year.

Sound familiar?

But wait, but wait ... I thought it was all just a "cost of doing business"?  Ha ha.  

A little bird told me that Frost was also supposed to get canned that  Monday but Trev went against the boosters....

It was all set up to have Matt Campbell come in.

That would mean that Nebraska would pay Campbell's 28 M buyout, at the time Frost 20 M buyout, as well as the previous coaching staff and Campbell's new staff's salary it would be in the neighbourhood of 50-60 M.  On top of a already behind scheduled 150 M dollar facilities upgrade.

If true that would put Nebraska around 200 M   in dedicated money just to the football team over the coarse of 2-4 years. I would say that Nebraska is serious about making the necessary changes that need to be made. 

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Incorrect

The why didn't we spend them this year?  To get a coach like Riley (if rumors are true) we spend upwards of 90+ million in addition to another 20 million in dead money.  Hell, even a 16-13 Mel Tucker gets 90+.....We might "have the resources", but it is evident in our current situation that those with the purse strings are trying to save the money. I think we are also tired of throwing good money after bad with Bo and Riley and now possibly Frost at some point.   VT on the other hand had enough of Fuentes and wanted to just get a leg up on the searching.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

A little bird told me that Frost was also supposed to get canned that  Monday but Trev went against the boosters....

That would mean that Nebraska would pay Campbell's 28 M buyout, at the time Frost 20 M buyout, as well as the previous coaching staff and Campbell's new staff's salary it would be in the neighbourhood of 50-60 M.  On top of a already behind scheduled 150 M dollar facilities upgrade.

If true that would put Nebraska around 200 M   in dedicated money just to the football team over the coarse of 2-4 years. I would say that Nebraska is serious about making the necessary changes that need to be made. 

To the post, if the info is accurate, we do and would spend the resources.  And I was wrong in my assumption that we wouldn't/couldn't pay.  

To the bold, that is what has me worried since Frost was retained.  The only reason appeared to be out of loyalty.  No mention of coaching prowess or acumen, no mention of recruits, articulable facts, just loyalty.  I respect the hell out of loyalty.  I truly do, but in times like these it is professional and not personal and some times blind loyalty leads to your own demise.

• Plus1 2
Just now, RichardHangslow said:

Everything I am hearing is that the boosters are "Fed up"  and Frost still might not be safe this year

I can't imagion   the high brow billionaire slant comments that the big boys throw at each-other. 

Not gonna lie, unless we get a home run OC and staff, unsure how next year is any different.  I watched Louisville vs Duke last night saw Cutcliffe (77-95) and thought of Frost and his 4 year record......not holding out hope that in year 5+ he catches lightning in a bottle.   

• Plus1 1

They might build these facilities and see what Frost has done by then or what he can do with them and either let him go if SIGNIFICANT improvement is not made or keep him in hopes he can really make a big jump or they may throw a boat load of money at a new coach and say here is a new toy to play with see what you can do. 

I get the impression that the money is there to do a number of things, however the boosters are tired of throwing good money after bad they want a high ROI. and I don't blame them. 

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Not gonna lie, unless we get a home run OC and staff, unsure how next year is any different.  I watched Louisville vs Duke last night saw Cutcliffe (77-95) and thought of Frost and his 4 year record......not holding out hope that in year 5+ he catches lightning in a bottle.   

The is where I am at, I don't know what Frost can do other than win a lot of games next year to prove that we are headed in the right direction. I mean 10 win season type stuff. But then either AM returns and we know what we have there, or we are breaking in a new QB who for right now is on the roster, but who is to say they don't transfer... GAH! 

In my personal belief like you said if these new coaches are not home run hires we will be looking for a new HC in 2022.

Also if Trev really did go Lone Ranger and against the grain of the boosters, we may be looking for a new AD as well. 

food for thought. 

17 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Trev went against "the boosters"

.....while fundraising for the new facility.

Ok

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1