Rumored coaching jobs and salaries....

lo country

14 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

The is where I am at, I don't know what Frost can do other than win a lot of games next year to prove that we are headed in the right direction. I mean 10 win season type stuff. But then either AM returns and we know what we have there, or we are breaking in a new QB who for right now is on the roster, but who is to say they don't transfer... GAH! 

In my personal belief like you said if these new coaches are not home run hires we will be looking for a new HC in 2022.

Also if Trev really did go Lone Ranger and against the grain of the boosters, we may be looking for a new AD as well. 

food for thought. 

Kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.   Doubt that occurred.    So, in 2022 what is the required win total for Frost to meet?  We probably won't know until we get there - if he starts out bad, we'll pull a USC and fire him early I suspect.  

10 hours ago, lo country said:

I don't think we currently do while looking down the barrel of 20 million buyout.  That is a huge obstacle.  I am truly hoping we drop a couple million on new O staff salaries/contracts and give the D staff pay raises.  And next year everyhting clicks...Now once we get past the buy out phase I think we are in better shape. This year there are a lot of openings. Hard to compete with the $20 million dollar anchor. If Frost doesn't make it next year (I think he gets 2 years w/staff changes), but we will be financially better off and perhaps not as many "bidding" war type openings.

Getting the new facility will also help. As will actually winning games and going bowling. 

Paying for those new facilities is also a factor... the mega donors were already tapped for that.

• Plus1 1

Also going to throw this out there. We love to talk about the significant private financial support our Athletics get, that they are self sustaining and not a drain on the University. Which is all great and true, but believe it or not those same funders fund hundreds if not thousands of other projects throughout the state. Every extra million given to UNL Athletics is another million that doesn't go to other worthy projects statewide, including other projects within the University. 

In that way, UNL Athletics if not done right, becomes not only a drain on the University, but the entire state, limiting growth in other high impact areas. So while I love me some Huskers, I really freaking do. At some point you have to acknowledge there are probably better uses for those funds. And for those "money in the banana stand," folks- there are more projects going on statewide than you know. Donors, all donors are nearing the point of fatigue. 

54 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.   Doubt that occurred.    So, in 2022 what is the required win total for Frost to meet?  We probably won't know until we get there - if he starts out bad, we'll pull a USC and fire him early I suspect.  

It seemed fishy to me when I heard it, however the person I did hear it from has be dead on in the past... I was mainly fishing to see if anyone has head anything similar. 

my floor to keep him would be 8 wins with or without a bowl game win. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

The why didn't we spend them this year?  To get a coach like Riley (if rumors are true) we spend upwards of 90+ million in addition to another 20 million in dead money.  Hell, even a 16-13 Mel Tucker gets 90+.....We might "have the resources", but it is evident in our current situation that those with the purse strings are trying to save the money. I think we are also tired of throwing good money after bad with Bo and Riley and now possibly Frost at some point.   VT on the other hand had enough of Fuentes and wanted to just get a leg up on the searching.

There are no guarantees when hiring a coach.  We could go spend that money bringing in Riley or Tucker and there is no guarantee they would be as successful here at Nebraska.  Both of these coaches showed success in these programs BEFORE they were given this kind of contract.  

So, let's say Frost had won 9-10 games the last couple years, that's when you give a contract like this.  Not to someone coming in that hasn't proven they can win here.

• Haha 1

Also, what is more likely the guy who played at Nebraska during its hay day, has been a previous AD and has made very unpopular decisions (Going against the grain) before, and knows exactly where Nebraska football should be. Saying  the hell with it and dying on the hill with Frost. or Trev kissing the ring of some billionaires who probably have never even played the game. Just because they think they know what is best because they have money. And that is what I am asking, did all the boosters get together and get on the same page to hire Campbell. The couldn't even agree to fully fund the new toys on campus you think they could agree on a football coach?

Trev has all the cards, are those billionaires going to stop funding the university in the middle of the new facilities being built, Trev could easily turn that ok them. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Also, what is more likely the guy who played at Nebraska during its hay day, has been a previous AD and has made very unpopular decisions (Going against the grain) before, and knows exactly where Nebraska football should be. Saying  the hell with it and dying on the hill with Frost. or Trev kissing the ring of some billionaires who probably have never even played the game. Just because they think they know what is best because they have money. And that is what I am asking, did all the boosters get together and get on the same page to hire Campbell. The couldn't even agree to fully fund the new toys on campus you think they could agree on a football coach?

Trev has all the cards, are those billionaires going to stop funding the university in the middle of the new facilities being built, Trev could easily turn that ok them. 

This is becoming more and more incoherent. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 3