Rumored coaching jobs and salaries....

lo country

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Just texted my guy in Lincoln: Turns out, not only did Trev go against the boosters in keeping Frost, but he's also getting Runza to cancel Temperature Tuesdays!  :ahhhhhhhh

Oh hell no. He has to go.  BUT, the Runza test should be used in hiring the new OC.  I heard that Verduzco said they were like Perogies and that Lubick when asked just said they were "ok".....But the SW black bean vegetarian one was a great addition to the menu....

13 hours ago, lo country said:

I can see why it'd be hard to have fired Frost and owe him $20 million......It appears the coaching arms race is here....

According to people with inside knowledge (SSO) there were a couple donors ready to write the checks for the buyout.

You see, if it doesn’t work out, Alberts can just say “I was not going to put the state of Nebraska in another spot where we have to pay 20+ million to a coach and get rid of them again. To restructure the contract it required another year.” People will understand that, even though we have a couple boosters right now that would sign the check no questions asked.

Trev will be right no matter what, and should location play a part in what scheme you run?

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Oh hell no. He has to go.  BUT, the Runza test should be used in hiring the new OC.  I heard that Verduzco said they were like Perogies and that Lubick when asked just said they were "ok".....But the SW black bean vegetarian one was a great addition to the menu....

guess I'm not going to be the new OC.  Never had a Runza

14 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Why don't we have those resources guys? What makes you think that? 

Maybe we have the resources but maybe those resources are tired of throwing that big amount of money at something that isn't getting fixed. Each time we go into a coaching search it seems we do have the resources and they are willing to do whatever they can to make it work out, but time and time again now it hasn't. Do they still have faith in this program and University?

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Oklahoma strikes me as the least 'pressure cooky' of the big blue blood jobs.  Riley isn't getting fired at Oklahoma for winning 10 games a year, he might at LSU.

5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree about OU and Riley. But that is also exactly the type of place that would get spoiled with ten wins and have a knee jerk when it falls off to 8 or 9 for one year.

I could see this either way. On one hand, Riley hasn't won less than 12 games yet as a coach (shortened covid season notwithstanding), and they're used to it. On the other, Stoops was good for a 7 or 8 win season every 5-6 years, and the fans seemed to stick behind him ok.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I wish he would just cancel Runza.. It isnt good.

***I know this might get me killed.

I mean, it's fine if you don't like it, but why would you wanna ruin it for everyone else? 

I don't like most fast food, but you don't see me out here trying to cancel all the fast food joints.

This is cancel culture @Minnesota_husker !!!! :lol: 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I could see this either way. On one hand, Riley hasn't won less than 12 games yet as a coach (shortened covid season notwithstanding), and they're used to it. On the other, Stoops was good for a 7 or 8 win season every 5-6 years, and the fans seemed to stick behind him ok.

Maybe they learned their lesson in the 90’s and realize that they’re not going to have 9+ wins every year or always finish in the top ten. But I do think they’ve been spoiled in the Big XII and that gravy train is coming to an abrupt end when they start into an SEC schedule. 

They may put up with only 7 or 8 occasionally but string a couple of those seasons together and I bet the talk starts. Heck there were mumblings this year, mostly just about Rattler though.

17 hours ago, lo country said:

Potential deals:

(Rumor) Lincoln Riley offered $96 million for 8 years at LSU.......

Mel Tucker (in year 2) gets a $95 million 10 year deal......

I can see why it'd be hard to have fired Frost and owe him $20 million......It appears the coaching arms race is here....

Agreed on the ridiculous salaries being offered.  The money is absolutely ruining the game...

That said, it might be worthwhile to examine the fine print on these agreements.  The top line figures always get press attention, but how much is actually guaranteed upon termination and what are the performance metrics?  Does the university have any right to re-negotiate if certain conditions are not met?  These are terms that will likely never be reported on.  Of the two, Riley is the more proven commodity at this stage.

7 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

A little bird told me that Frost was also supposed to get canned that  Monday but Trev went against the boosters....

It was all set up to have Matt Campbell come in.

That would mean that Nebraska would pay Campbell's 28 M buyout, at the time Frost 20 M buyout, as well as the previous coaching staff and Campbell's new staff's salary it would be in the neighbourhood of 50-60 M.  On top of a already behind scheduled 150 M dollar facilities upgrade.

If true that would put Nebraska around 200 M   in dedicated money just to the football team over the coarse of 2-4 years. I would say that Nebraska is serious about making the necessary changes that need to be made. 

drugs-are-bad-drugs.gif