*** Official Wisconsin Game Thread, Yall ***

admo

2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I dont know what everyone else was watching, buy clearly the defense let us down this game. Sure, sure those two ints sucked. Hard. But the defense was damn awful today.

Daniels, Williams and JoJo being out didn't help.  No idea why we didn't just stack the box every down and let our DB's just go man....QB wasn't going to win the game.  Allen was and did....

It just boggles my mind that teams we play will game plan to take away Martinez and run an offensive scheme to exploit our D.  We just seem to trot out the same regardless of opponent.  I do think Chin is the only reason we have been so close this year.  The ST blunder KO was the difference in the game.  And our inability to score from the red zone.  Again.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I don't think Allen played in the final 3 plays and Toure was out in the final play.  Should have been PI at the end, but we know we aren't going to get that call.

Allen was in the last play.  Ran a skinny post/rounded seam route to the middle of the endzone.  Was covered one on one.  Jump ball.  Just once I'd love to see a jump f#&%ing ball to the 6'9" TE in the endzone

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, lo country said:

After next year.  Not one person will be able to defend Frost.  he stayed this year because he is Frost.  Trev alluded to that.  No empirical data that this will work.  But here we are.  And @The Dukeis posting even more data that shows how "close we really are".  

Nope, because next year we're gonna go 6-6 which will 3 more than this year... aka "progress"

8 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I dont know what everyone else was watching, buy clearly the defense let us down this game. Sure, sure those two ints sucked. Hard. But the defense was damn awful today.

That is the point with this team…it is something different every week. They just find new innovative ways to lose the game. That is our new identity. Everyone who watches college football knows that by now. Today, special teams and defense did not play well, last time, it was offense and special teams. Every week, it is something different. We have not had one game where all three phases of the team played well.

Can't blame the refs when you let the opposing team run back the opening kick off for a TD.  Or, you can't blame the refs for all the missed tackles and blocks.  Bottom line, once again, "If you cannot block and cannot tackle, you cannot win."--------------  (My 1958 high school football coach.)  And, he is correct. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 3
26 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I don't think Allen played in the final 3 plays and Toure was out in the final play.  Should have been PI at the end, but we know we aren't going to get that call.

We know this why? We are better than that.  Plenty of no-calls went our way but I don't see anyone talking about that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Nope, because next year we're gonna go 6-6 which will 3 more than this year... aka "progress"

Honestly, I am not so sure.  We saw the D without Daniels, Williams or JoJo.  Granted the D has depth and the new starters will have another spring and fall, but I see what should be 4 wins.  

I do agree he will be back.  New OC, staff, scheme, system, young D, insert excuse here.  I think he is here through 2023.  Does Saban offer a summer time internship for his "college coach restoration program"?  Maybe Frost can enroll.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This game was lost on the opening kickoff. NU can't be playing from behind the entire game. The offense had 2 or 3 possessions where the game was tied. That's not a winning strategy. 

Not even close to accurate. We blew the coverage for sure, but that's not even  in the ball park of why we lost. We suck. Our coaches suck. We can hang with anyone, but just simply sh*t our pants when it counts...that's why we lost.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Utah is absolutely destroying Oregon.   Why can that never be us?  Like ever.

When was the last time we had a game like that against a good team?  Missouri 2010?   And Missouri was no #3 Oregon. 

Cameron Rising is fun to watch.