Burning Smothers Red Shirt

ndobney

59 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Martinez sucks, play Smothers! Martinez sucks, play Smothers!

OMG!!! FROST PLAYED SMOTHERS! HE IS HANDS DOWN THE WORST COACH EVAR!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

I'm dying reading these comments here. :rollin

Literally went through the entire thread and no one said play Smothers. Unless I missed something. It's be said only a very few people in other threads at this point people would have rather seen Martinez finish out the year then move on and keep Smothers redshirt. So either burning his redshirt is a bonehead mistake or we have bigger issues.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ndobney said:

Literally went through the entire thread and no one said play Smothers. Unless I missed something. It's be said only a very few people in other threads at this point people would have rather seen Martinez finish out the year then move on and keep Smothers redshirt. So either burning his redshirt is a bonehead mistake or we have bigger issues.

Ha... all season long, all some people have said anytime Martinez looks cross-eyed the chorus has been to play Smothers. Come on man.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Ha... all season long, all some people have said anytime Martinez looks cross-eyed the chorus has been to play Smothers. Come on man.

Earlier in the season maybe cause I could see people thinking 4 maybe even 5 weeks ago we aren't going to make a bowl let's give Smothers experience and let's turn the page now. At this point I don't think anyone is thinking that, it's to late in the season and is now pointless to Burn Smothers redshirt for no reason.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, krc1995 said:

for gods sake why burn it for two snaps in a nothing situation? 

It’s very possible Adrian was going to be evaluated at halftime for the injury he took on the previous drive and Frost didn’t know if he would be available. Plus Smothers is the back up and gets all the practice reps behind Adrian. People are raging we didn’t put our 3rd stringer in there on our own 10? 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This is false. McCaffrey didn't burn a redshirt. He redshirted in 2019 by playing in less than 4 games, and he got a free year in 2020. 

I thought it was him too once you said it. It might not have a Qb or it might not have happened at all.