What did we learn? Wisconsin edition

The Dude

Anybody watch that show called Russian Doll?

It's like Groundhog Day, except the main character relives her 36th birthday over and over again, and each one of them ends when she dies. Every death is a little different.... hit by a car, drowning, electrocuted, blown up in a gas leak, heart attack, shot, anaphylatic shock from bee stings, falls down stairs, elevator accident, etc, etc, etc.... but she dies and wakes up again on her birthday. And then dies.

She only gets out of it when she finds another person trapped in a similar death loop and they have to find a portal to an alternate dimension that takes them back to the first "death" and only then can they get out of it by changing their actions of that day.

Nebraska football is in its own time loop, where they are doomed to lose every game by a margin of single digits again and again and again for all eternity. Perhaps the only way to escape it is to find some kind of inter-dimensional time vortex. Perhaps it's November 2003, perhaps it's another time.... who knows..... all I know is where the f---k is the way out?

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

45 minutes ago, CheeseHusker said:

Anybody watch that show called Russian Doll?

It's like Groundhog Day, except the main character relives her 36th birthday over and over again, and each one of them ends when she dies. Every death is a little different.... hit by a car, drowning, electrocuted, blown up in a gas leak, heart attack, shot, anaphylatic shock from bee stings, falls down stairs, elevator accident, etc, etc, etc.... but she dies and wakes up again on her birthday. And then dies.

She only gets out of it when she finds another person trapped in a similar death loop and they have to find a portal to an alternate dimension that takes them back to the first "death" and only then can they get out of it by changing their actions of that day.

Nebraska football is in its own time loop, where they are doomed to lose every game by a margin of single digits again and again and again for all eternity. Perhaps the only way to escape it is to find some kind of inter-dimensional time vortex. Perhaps it's November 2003, perhaps it's another time.... who knows..... all I know is where the f---k is the way out?

At this point being 5-19 in one score games is bordering the impossible. Have we considered adding a shaman to the list of coaches we need to hire? May be they can do some voodoo to break our curse. This is not funny any more. It seems like we can hang with any team in FBS even top 5 teams and still come one score shy of winning. It must be psychological at this point. Frost must look into a team psychologist because the one play he is waiting for to break the curse is usually a penalty on us that ends up costing us the game. I cannot wrap my mind around these losses. Simply Unbelievable stuff.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Riddle me this.  If the 4 guys who got canned were the problem why did that game go how all the other games went?

We fired offensive coaches. The offense certainly did play better when you recognize that we went against the #1 defense, and it's silly to think we should have seen a huge improvement with the makeshift staff we have left. Didn't help that we have no Earvin, no Johnson, no Yant, and no Morrison at rb. They were missed. Also, it doesn't show in the firings but we'll surely be hiring ST's help. Dawson obviously isn't the answer there but he's a good OLB coach Frost didn't want to publicly crap on. 

Defense was disappointing today, we had guys in position to make plays but tackling sucked, we need to be emphasizing it more. Hurt that we got down to no Jojo, Williams, Daniels, Tannor, or Payne. They were a depleted unit. Does make it clear we need some fortification vis transfer-portal this offseason. Overall defense has trended-up during Frost's tenure, I'm good with keeping that staff together, but if-needed I'm fine with ditching Ruud for a ST's guy, Chin and Dawson can handle ILB's.

I was in the "fire Frost" camp, changes should have been made after last season, but I do think changes finally coming can help us quite a bit. Hopefully we make good hires and Frost takes better stock of his coaching/management while embracing the "CEO" role. I don't know if it will work but I'm willing to wait and see how things play-out. 

Proud of the team and the staff for a great gameplan and mostly great execution.

Haven't read all the takes but I hope people aren't trying to pin this on Martinez again. I don't really mind the how/why his two picks happened (especially the first one with a pathetic effort for the ball by the receiver), and he drove us all the way down the field to tie until Frost decided on 1st and 20 to call four straight plays with every single route going all the way to the endzone.

Don't know what the answer is, and people can moan about not having real victories, but it definitely says something that this team came out to play as well as they did and have not lost an ounce of fight or heart in one of the most statistically anomalous and most demoralizing seasons in all of cfb history.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I was impressed.  Of course. I was predicting a 3-TD loss and not competitive.  Actually, I thought it would be a blowout with us making lots of mistakes. Thus, I learned Scott has some good football players who won't quit despite enough mistakes and this week poor tackling.

I enjoyed this game as I assumed a pain-filled loss/outcome.  I'll do the same thing on Friday and get a good game feel I'm sure.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1