Perspective

MdStine

2 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Imo, he shouldn't have listened to the fan base at all, not a single one of us. It's HIS job to decide who to hire, it's one of the things he gets paid for.

I put an edit into the post you quoted.

I'll say that it's OUR job as fans to speculate, even wildly, about who the AD will pick and why. That's part of the fun of being fans.

Did he listen to the fan base?  Or just hire the guy everyone -1 wanted?  These two things are not necessarily the same.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MdStine said:

Dan Mullen is/was fired at University of Florida:

Record: 34-15 (2018-21)

Bowl Games: 2-1

Conference REcord: 21-13

Conference/Division Performance: 1-1st finish; 2-2nd finishes; 1-6th

Scott:

Record: 15-28 (2018-21)

Bowl Games: 0-0

Conference Record: 10-24

Conference/Division Performance: 3-5ths; Either 1-6th or Tied for 6th (optimistically with a slight-slight chance 7th all alone if NW pulls a KU at pathetic Illinois)  

SOOO, the takeaway is:

(A) Was Florida impatient and Mullen wasn't given enough time to change what the problems he inherited?

(B) Florida won't tolerate losing?

(C) Moos really screwed Husker Nation and set the program back for years?

(D) All the Above ..... And then some?

(E) Some of the Above .... And then some?

Nebraska was screwed the moment they fired another winning coach to replace said coach with someone who had no right sitting foot in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I’d rather watch a really fun competitive game with a chance to win than watch a guy run for 408yds in 3 quarters and get the f blown out. 
all while the coach spits and chews out the players. 
If ya’ll can’t see that we are *this close than you aren’t watching the same team I am 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

"I was against the Frost hire from the beginning" is a heck of a thing to state TODAY, especially when you can go back to when Frost was hired and read what people actually said.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, commando said:

time will tell....but i do think Nebraska did well this time.   

On 12/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, Husker_Bohunk said:

I think so too.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

It might be worth pointing out, and sorry if it has been already, but there were plenty of people who were skeptical about Frost bringing his whole AAC staff when he was hired.

Plenty of people were also outraged by this skepticism, of course, and insisted if they're good enough to go undefeated in the AAC they're good enough for Nebraska. 

• Fire 1

Reading this im thinking bohunk is looking for a fight.  Something to be right about, you want to be pissed fine its ok to be pissed.  This sucks it royally sucks, the whole thing.  We are in a s#!tty situation thats for sure.  But dont think we werent the envy of many universities 4 years ago when we got the hottest coaching prospect.  To say this is a bust now is fine, but to say at the time it was is foolish.

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I agree that whoever states that they were against the Frost hire from the start are just bulls#!ting. We all loved the hire and we loved moos for getting it down. Myself included. Like everyone in the country, we all thought this was our chance to rebuild. However, after 4 years on the job, “close enough” does not cut it. No matter who the competition is, we find ways to keep it close and find a new way of losing to them. If it ain’t special teams (which in this case the special teams are always part of the problem), it is our OL play, or our defense not tackling well, or Martinez being injured, or not playing to his potential. A large number of our fans refuse to see what is right in front of them. Frost is learning on the job. He gets outcoached by every BiG Ten coach he faces. He has no idea of how to fix the team. He fixes one thing and two other things pop up. He has horrible game management, nonexistent red zone offense, and zero feel for what players can or cannot contribute. That is why so many enter the transfer portal every offseason. We simply cannot afford to have Frost learn on the job anymore. It would be completely OK if our record was 12-12 in close games or even 11-13 but it is 5-19. That tells you that Frost is way over his head. Giving him one more year to figure things out is just delaying the inevitable. If saving 10 million is worth us having another subpar season, then so be it. That is a decision for Trev to make and he made it for what it’s worth. I for one do not believe that Frost knows how to right this ship. He wants to and I am sure he is trying his best but he just does not have what it takes. I thank him for his effort but we really needed to move on instead of having this Groundhog Day repeat itself one more year.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I respectfully disagree to some extent. I can’t argue many of your points because our eyes tell us you are right. I do think he can right the ship. First, he will get 2 years, in spite of what some  may think, unless we win less than 5 games.  I coach for a living. I am not into moral victory. This process has hurt bad. Anyone who can’t see progress doesn’t want to see it. In past years, we get boat raced anytime we play a ranked opponent. As a coach, you can’t make the plays. Literally a handful of plays has cost us 5-6 games.  You have to stay on games before you win them. Step 2 is learning how to finish. 

The human brain is conditioned to remember the negative over positive. AM played tremendous yesterday against best defense he has faced, yet among all of the great things, people focus on picks (one was 50-50 on WR).

CTB will play on Sundays next year. Is it SF fault he flies in and shoulders rb? CTB got paid yesterday, so among all of his great things, people focus on that one thing. Is SF supposed to bench him. LMAO

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It might be worth pointing out, and sorry if it has been already, but there were plenty of people who were skeptical about Frost bringing his whole AAC staff when he was hired. 

I think that's fair skepticism. It turned out to only be perhaps 50% true. Chinander and his defensive coaches have proven they belong on the B1G stage.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I think that's fair skepticism. It turned out to only be perhaps 50% true. Chinander and his defensive coaches have proven they belong on the B1G stage.

And Chinander was the main target of the skepticism once upon a time.

Some people like using hindsight and claiming it as their foresight. Its hard to argue against once the facts are in, but it is dishonest discussion.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1