Nebraska opens as a four point FAVORITE against Iowa

knapplc

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

I just can’t wait to see what creative new way Frost can think of for losing this one. By now we should have covered all possibilities but I am sure Frost will prove me wrong. 

I hate Iowa. I hope that this team finds a way to ruin Iowa’s chances of getting to the big ten championship game. At this point, this win is the only thing we have left this season. If Frost finds a way to take that away from us then he will be the grinch that stole Christmas.

Hurt Iowa's chances and help Wisconsin's...Hobson's Choice anyone? I'm here for beating Iowa though, regardless! GBR

15 hours ago, lo country said:

If we lose, there is a .15% of ending up 5-20....I mean virtually impossible......By comparison, statistically speaking there is a 65.5% probability of winning at least 12.....I wish there was one specific issue to address, but we are all over the place with miscues.

You make way too much out of that and are discounting variables. That stat basically refers to probabilities if both teams have an equal chance of winning that close game, it's nearly impossible for one team to go 5-19. That isn't the case here when we have more inept coaching and mistake prone players than the other team, making the actual probabilities go up of being 5-19, hence the reason it's come to pass. Because of these unequal variables, there isn't an equal chance for both teams,  the actual probability is way higher than .15% of getting to 5-19 when those are factored in. That's how statistics actually work, (although this one is highly subjective trying to quantify football teams performance), so would you give that a rest please? :lol:

That said,  I placed my $5 hedge bet on Iowa already to make a couple bucks in the likely event we lose yet again. :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I have no clue who's going to win.  My heart says Huskers by 14+. My head says suckeyes by 3.  All I do know is that it's damn funny that we are in maybe the worst season for the Huskers since the 60s and the suckeyes are in their best season ever......and Vegas still thinks we are going to win.  :laughpound

That there is priceless.

Now....let's go make sure Vegas is right about this.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2

18 hours ago, Toe said:

Browsing some Iowa boards, they actually don't seem too surprised by it.

I know I am not surprised.  We have so many of our pass defenders hurt it is ridiculous.  Also our receivers can't catch balls that hit them right in the hands and kill drives.  The only good thing is that our O-line seems to have finally started to get their heads out of their asses on at least half of our offensive plays.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Vegas knew AM is out.

Actually, they didn't.  Line opened up at Nebraska 'pick' and was instantly bet up to Nebraska -3.5 or -4 depending on where you look.  When the 2AM news came out the game instantly went OTB (off the board) and has now reopened at Iowa -1.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/iowa-@-nebraska.cfm/date/11-26-21#BT

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1