Who Will Win - Huskers vs the Ditch Chickens- Poll

TGHusker

Who Wins  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know about you all, but this has seemed like a longgggggggggg season.  From the Illinois not so much of an upset loss to another one score loss this time to Wisky it has been a roller coaster but mostly downward. 

Since the 'phrase of the year" - "we're so close",  I'm going to pick the Huskers by 7 just because - that will but an end to having to hear that again (I hope).  Vegas must be drunk on something picking the Huskers but maybe they in their collective wisdom think we are due for the odds to fall our way.   Maybe we roll 7s and maybe we don't.  Regardless, this is our bowl game so I hope to see the Huskers get beyond close, over the hump, get a win over a ranked team, and kick the Ditch Chickens back into the ditch where they belong.

GBR.  

I wanted to add this note:  This is Thanksgiving week.  I'm thankful that the Huskers have a proud legacy we can look back on.  It can give us hope that better days will return to this proud program.  Most programs would beg to have the legacy that we have.  Look at the Ditch Chickens- what do they have to look back to??  Not much.  While we've been down, we will get back up because people care about our program.  The admin, the boosters, the fans, and yes our coaches.  I am thankful that we have this type of heritage, legacy and passion.  So to Huskers everywhere, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND GO BIG RED :3DN:

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

First of all, the name isn't right. They're the YELLOW HENS! ;)

New OC will be named before the 30th. Probably during the week or over the weekend. 

The NU defense will dominate an inferior offense. The ST will continue to struggle. And the offense will do well enough against a sound defense. 

The yellow birds are going DOWN. 

17-13 HUSKERS   Tough spot for Smothers to come in with Martinez out. Still think we'll capture a win! 

• Plus1 1

Since this is looked at as a "bowl game" I really hope that Frost and his players are not too worn out from a long season to play, like before. I do not think that an OC will be announced, as I am betting that Frost is still on the hot seat and a big loss may still get him canned. Who wants to come into that. Vegas has the Huskers by 4, which is probably right, but Frost and Martinez will choke on a ditch chicken bone down the stretch and F it up. Hawks by a few (the Hawk defense will score their only touchdown, but 4 field goals added to it will be enough)

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Since this is looked at as a "bowl game" I really hope that Frost and his players are not too worn out from a long season to play, like before. I do not think that an OC will be announced, as I am betting that Frost is still on the hot seat and a big loss may still get him canned. Who wants to come into that. Vegas has the Huskers by 4, which is probably right, but Frost and Martinez will choke on a ditch chicken bone down the stretch and F it up. Hawks by a few (the Hawk defense will score their only touchdown, but 4 field goals added to it will be enough)

We are not iowa st.  When we have our bowl games they are after the season not during.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

We are not iowa st.  When we have our bowl games they are after the season not during.

Gotcha! I thought that maybe Coach Frost might pass on a bowl because they are just too worn out (like last year), it has been a long year, and his "warriors" need rest. That one single decision to pass on a bowl game and the extended practice time was enough to prove that Frost is not into it. He is there for the payday and fame.

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Gotcha! I thought that maybe Coach Frost might pass on a bowl because they are just too worn out (like last year), it has been a long year, and his "warriors" need rest. That one single decision to pass on a bowl game and the extended practice time was enough to prove that Frost is not into it. He is there for the payday and fame.

Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating Cheng Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same! [to Mattie] See? He doesn't pay any attention to me. [BANG! he shoots the rat] You can't serve papers on a rat, baby sister. You either kill him or let him be.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Mr. Rat, I have a writ here that says you are to stop eating Cheng Lee's cornmeal forthwith. Now, It's a rat writ, writ for a rat, and this is lawful service of same! [to Mattie] See? He doesn't pay any attention to me. [BANG! he shoots the rat] You can't serve papers on a rat, baby sister. You either kill him or let him be.

takes some grit to write that

50 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

a "bowl game"???? WTAF. it's Iowa City. In November. No swag. No sunny destination (sorry Detroit/NYC)...this isn't even close to a bowl game. It's on the schedule, we didn't earn it. it's just a game. One I hope we actually figure out how to win, but just the last game in an otherwise terrible season.

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

a "bowl game"???? WTAF. it's Iowa City. In November. No swag. No sunny destination (sorry Detroit/NYC)...this isn't even close to a bowl game. It's on the schedule, we didn't earn it. it's just a game. One I hope we actually figure out how to win, but just the last game in an otherwise terrible season.

Game's in Lincoln dude.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

It was the original poster that referred to it as your "bowl game", not me. I was just bringing up that calling it a bowl game could give Coach Frost a way out of playing it as he and his players might be tired from a long season.