Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I would be a bit surprised if this Coach could honestly say that this was the vision four years ago.  

He wouldn’t say that as the transfer portal didn’t exist then. It a HUGE game changer that coaches have had to learn to navigate over the past 3 years. Add in a once in a century global pandemic and NIL policies and it’s not hard to understand why a first time P5 head coach trying to rebuild a dumpster fire may warrant a bit of slack. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Because the coach has to navigate all this nonsense and put a team on the field on Saturdays, maybe? 
let the players make money, we’ve arrived on that. But to think a coach who has to rake thru the mud in the portal and put a team forward to try and win games should make LESS money is stupid. Some leave some come here. How cool! The players have a voice! 
the coaches are getting looooong contracts and the players can still get paid. Not enough? Bail out and go portal. 

welcome to the end of “our team, ride or die”. It’s over, and the coaches are secure more than ever. Glad we still have Frost to do it for us. It’s a s#!t show out there, folks

20 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If you get this miserable following the team, why don't you just find something else to occupy your time? 

Since you are new to my posting, I will cut you a break.  I have not watched a Husker game since CU more than 2 years ago... The meltdown in Boulder.

In terms of finding something else to do, I get my kicks from posing thought-provoking and dare I say controversial comments to the loyalist masses each and every day.  Your response to my message warms the heart...

Be well my friend and keep the picture of our esteemed Coach close.  

Just now, All Hail Herbie said:

Since you are new to my posting, I will cut you a break.  I have not watched a Husker game since CU more than 2 years ago... The meltdown in Boulder.

In terms of finding something else to do, I get my kicks from posing thought-provoking and dare I say controversial comments trolling to the loyalist masses each and every day.  Your response to my message warms the heart...

• Plus1 5

18 hours ago, Husker03 said:

He wouldn’t say that as the transfer portal didn’t exist then. It a HUGE game changer that coaches have had to learn to navigate over the past 3 years. Add in a once in a century global pandemic and NIL policies and it’s not hard to understand why a first time P5 head coach trying to rebuild a dumpster fire may warrant a bit of slack. 

Your point comes with an asterisk, as it did not exist then.  However, any coach worth their weight in the Power 5 leagues would not honestly argue that 1 year players through the transfer portal are the solution to finding sustained success.

It is one thing to fill a temporary roster hole, or upgrade a skill position for one season, but it is quite another to make the transfer portal the centerpiece of your roster strategy.  To me, it speaks volumes about not only our inability to recruit high school athletes, but our inability to develop talent.

13 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

In terms of finding something else to do, I get my kicks from posing thought-provoking and dare I say controversial comments to the loyalist masses each and every day.  Your response to my message warms the heart...

I think that is called trolling and it is against board rules. :dunno

• Plus1 5