Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

17 minutes ago, observer3 said:

5 start recruit Quinn Ewers, OSU quarterback (who as the top QB prospect and overall prospect), is now in the portal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ohio-state-qb-quinn-ewers-to-enter-transfer-portal-235429798.html

Tbh, I really hope we don't go after that kid.  Maybe it's the way the media portrayed him but seems like an entitled brat.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Tbh, I really hope we don't go after that kid.  Maybe it's the way the media portrayed him but seems like an entitled brat

He only went to OSU for the money. Came out s year early after being held back just to play football. Dunno if we could afford him

14 hours ago, observer3 said:

5 start recruit Quinn Ewers, OSU quarterback (who as the top QB prospect and overall prospect), is now in the portal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ohio-state-qb-quinn-ewers-to-enter-transfer-portal-235429798.html

Wow…..I wonder if he got all the $1,000,000. And, if you were a booster paying him the CB money, you’re an idiot. 

Wonder how things like this will change NIL?

14 hours ago, gorp512 said:

His NIL stuff seemed to be all national. He got 1.5 million for his autograph

I think his NIL deal was spread across a few years with a Columbus area company, so while the initial deal was that big, he probably only earned a 1/4 of that. It's still a ton of $ for that kid, so I don't blame him for taking the $ and running.

It will be interesting to see how these business owners think about these NIL "investments" going forward. I'm sure some of them treat it like funny money, but some of them will also be wary of throwing big $ at kids who may not stick around at the school very long.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think his NIL deal was spread across a few years with a Columbus area company, so while the initial deal was that big, he probably only earned a 1/4 of that. It's still a ton of $ for that kid, so I don't blame him for taking the $ and running.

It will be interesting to see how these business owners think about these NIL "investments" going forward. I'm sure some of them treat it like funny money, but some of them will also be wary of throwing big $ at kids who may not stick around at the school very long.

This was my thought initially.  There'd be some excitement but then only the guys who have proven things on the field end up getting deals.  It makes little sense to give money to guys who haven't even played.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, lo country said:

Might be easier to state what position we do not need to raid the portal for.

I can’t think of anything. 

Brutally needs: 

QB

2-3 OL

2 DL

1 CB/S

K/P

Not a need but would help:

RB

OLB

WR (no 1 WR) 

it’s bad. gonna need to do some major off-season development. I see almost no way in which this leads to Frost getting another year. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

I can’t think of anything. 

Brutally needs: 

QB

2-3 OL

2 DL

1 CB/S

K/P

Not a need but would help:

RB

OLB

WR (no 1 WR) 

it’s bad. gonna need to do some major off-season development. I see almost no way in which this leads to Frost getting another year. 

Only one I can honestly think of is TE...Every other position is one of varying need for sure.